Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunky

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi there! First post for a newby here. Ive been reading and watching for a while now so decided to jump on board!
I had a tree fall in my yard and after getting it mostly cleaned up i decided to try and do something useful with the body. So i bought a timber tuff 24" mill to try my hand it that.
Ive read and watched alot about milling but my first go was purdy bad [emoji2357] i guess i got into to big of a hurry and burned my saw up.
It was a well used ms261 when i got it to cut up the fell tree. Now ive got a ms391 to give it a go. Note that i plan on going much much slower this round [emoji16]
But thought id ask for any other pointers and tips that yall may can over a beginner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hi there! First post for a newby here. Ive been reading and watching for a while now so decided to jump on board!
I had a tree fall in my yard and after getting it mostly cleaned up i decided to try and do something useful with the body. So i bought a timber tuff 24" mill to try my hand it that.
Ive read and watched alot about milling but my first go was purdy bad [emoji2357] i guess i got into to big of a hurry and burned my saw up.
It was a well used ms261 when i got it to cut up the fell tree. Now ive got a ms391 to give it a go. Note that i plan on going much much slower this round [emoji16]
But thought id ask for any other pointers and tips that yall may can over a beginner.

Go to milling forum here.

cs-milling 101

Those saws are really too small to mill with. Your 261 paid the price.

Go to chainsaw forum to fix the 261

Go to milling forum here.

cs-milling 101

Those saws are really too small to mill with. Your 261 paid the price.

Go to chainsaw forum to fix the 261
Thanks MP. I read several pist in the milling forum b4 i joined in. Theres alot of good info there. Alot of i read confirmed my initial thoughts, that even the 391 is small but this will be just a chore, not a hobby yet. Im really debating on just fire wooding the rest of the tree up so i dont ruin another saw [emoji2357]
As far as fixing the 261 i haven't gave it any thought yet, im by far a mechanic. I just know it got hot and hasnt hit a lick since.

Thanks MP. I read several pist in the milling forum b4 i joined in. Theres alot of good info there. Alot of i read confirmed my initial thoughts, that even the 391 is small but this will be just a chore, not a hobby yet. Im really debating on just fire wooding the rest of the tree up so i dont ruin another saw [emoji2357]
As far as fixing the 261 i haven't gave it any thought yet, im by far a mechanic. I just know it got hot and hasnt hit a lick since.

Don't trash the 261. People here will guide you in fixing it.

Back