Mini Mac for $50?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Guys got one that kicks on prime but needs fuel lines and carb kit. Looks ok otherwise decent price? Are they any good? It’s a later one it’s got the same style brake handle as my pro Mac 610

I heard they are horrible to work on, you have to completely take it apart to run new lines but they run ok once fixed. I bet this is why the guy selling it isn't fixing it.
If you really want it buy it. I'd get mad and smash it trying to put new fuel lines on it lol.

If you want a project and have some patience, go for it. They are great little saws when you want one that you can use with one hand. They are also a pain to work on for the first time but there are lots of threads on this forum that will make the job easier.

I could've bought a couple for twenty or twenty-five. One of them real nice. And another Eager Beaver that looked like the same saw.
But dang they are heavy for such a little saw. And after reading about more experienced guys hating to work on them, it was easy to walk away.

They are not that bad to work on, especially the later ones with removable starters. Parts are not hard to find, the more you shop the better the prices. Check with Bob Johnson (607 638 9297) before you spend $24.99 for the fuel line kit.

I have several and use them when appropriate, my only real gripe is that when using it I tend to use the little finger on my right hand pressing on the top of the shroud to help counterbalance the saw and the finger gets hot.

20160723_181647.jpg

Mark

I suppose it depends on the area too. I find in my area that if your selling something they offer peanuts and call it crap. Same people are selling something it’s gold and they want millions for it. Other folks offer/ask a reasonable price. Sometimes people just wasn’t it gone

Generally I buy up yard/estate sale saws and parts lots, saws that don't run are pennies on the dollar locally, but runners are generally overpriced. I have a whole 200 tied up in buying the 8 266;s I currently have, they will easily sell for $350-400 a piece.

Back