Mini skid to move Around pull behind stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrickjed

Reaction score
Anyone ever used mini skid to push around and hold a pull behind stump grinder ? Will it hold it in place to grind the stumps ?

I have used it for my tow behind Rayco. Can’t remember the model # at the moment (1625?) but it’s 75 hp. It did ok for the job we had but not ideal. I think a spike attached to the hitch plate to stick in the ground would help stabilize it better

I had a Vermeer 630A tow behind. I welded a receiver hitch on one of my John Deere 265 mowers. I could rotate the wheels in and go through a 36 inch gate, then rotate them back out, to get the full sweep and depth of the cutter wheel. I had it set up as a one man operation. With no mower deck on the tractor it would pull right up on the back of an S10. If the stump was somewhere the truck could get to it, just leave the tractor on the back. Worked for me for 10+ years. Plus the tractor didn't tend to rip up sod making turns.

Back