Mini skid tracks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcurbanloggers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, not sure if this is the right thread to post this in or not, so apologies if I'm in the wrong place. I bought and older Boxer 526dx mini skid a couple months ago. Its a fantastic little machine and the price was right. I think the previous owner had a set of cheap tracks on it. I tore one nearly in half today working in the woods. The ground was soft and I don't think I hit a stump, so I'm rather disappointed they tore as easily as they did.
I'm in the market for some higher quality tracks that won't leave me stranded. I'm unclear if they even make the OEM tracks for this machine now that morbark bought boxer. Regardless, my local dealer for boxer is a PITA to work with. Do any of you know of some high quality aftermarket brands out there? Is it worth trying to work with the dealer for them to send OEM tracks?
Also, I'm not really sure what I should be looking for in terms of tread pattern. In my area, about 70% of my jobs are on turf. It's usually not particularly well manicured and I'm not bothered by putting out some plywood. The remainder of jobs are often in wooded and overgrown areas were turf damage is of no concern and traction and stability are paramount. Im also considering trying to plow drives with it in the winter, so traction over snow is a bonus. Tracks are 230x72x39
I appreciate any and all insight.
Thanks,
A

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Go OEM. Aftermarket is tempting, but not the same. Rubeber hardness (Durometer) is paramount to long life, and OEM is going to ensure you get the right lifespan. AM is generic catch-all durometers, and could also be a serious difficult time trying to get them changed out. Bypass the dealer that doesn;t want to work with you, and go where you have to to get the OEM.

Latest posts

Back