Mini's, Boxer vs Vermeer, which one to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those pics were right after i got the machine. I cant remeber if i charted it(i think i did) but its a 48"red oak round about 20". the log is red maple 42" dia by eight feet. you can see in the pic with the log it was almost at its tipping point as the back of the tracks left the ground when i got off the sulky. After using the bmg for a while I now know I could have rolled it back more to ditribute the weight towards the rear of the machine more. Like I said it was just delivered and I was excited so i snapped a couple pics on my phone. lol

Oh, another negative about my bobcat that escaped my research.... its one of the only machines that doesn't go as fast in reverse as in forward....annoying when you're dragging brush piles to the chipper

Oh, another negative about my bobcat that escaped my research.... its one of the only machines that doesn't go as fast in reverse as in forward....annoying when you're dragging brush piles to the chipper

I agree with all your previous points and this one too - unfortunately. The mt52 is a solid machine all around but you'd think they could make the reverse a bit snappier.

Nate, you don't need a trencher for your mt52, do you?

kinda lookin for a trencher... my fullsize one doesn't do so well on such a light machine. How much?

Hoping to get $2750 as it is just like new. This model (Bobcat LT113) costs about $3300 new (without chain) and comes with 4 different chain options ranging from $450 to $950. This tencher has the highest priced chain option of the 4 with 50/50 dirt & bullet teeth so cost about $4250 new. I think it's easily worth $1500 less than a new one but you tell me. I also have a few other things for sale. All photos can be viewed at the below link. If you're interested in discussing it further, give me a call. scott 605-228-9350.

https://picasaweb.google.com/betsyandscott/ArborPro//

Hoping to get $2750 as it is just like new. This model (Bobcat LT113) costs about $3300 new (without chain) and comes with 4 different chain options ranging from $450 to $950. This tencher has the highest priced chain option of the 4 with 50/50 dirt & bullet teeth so cost about $4250 new. I think it's easily worth $1500 less than a new one but you tell me. I also have a few other things for sale. All photos can be viewed at the below link. If you're interested in discussing it further, give me a call. scott 605-228-9350.

https://picasaweb.google.com/betsyandscott/ArborPro//

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Arbor Pro, I have noticed, that you have owned the Ditch Witch SK500, Bobcat MT52, and Vermeer S600TX. I own a Toro Dingo 420TX, and although it's better than shoveling, I want something with more dump reach and power. I currently use the trencher, forks, tiller, concrete breaker, and auger attachments in that order (with trenching getting the most usage and auger the least use). I'm trying to spend under $15K for a used one, which would you recommend? If you don't mind me asking, which do you currently own? It seems like you've tried most of them....

Have you encountered any mechanical issues with any?

Any help would be much appreciated.

That was the most important thing for me also. The vermeer and ditchwitch have the same and the highest lifting out of the minis. I went with the vermeer s600tx and love it and think its the best machine and the best controls.

Latest posts

Back