Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never forget that miserable ripping demonstration when it happened. The owner of the saw was there. The nails he cut through were sometimes as big as drift pins, and perhaps they were. He shipped the ruined blades to a saw blade repair shop in South Dakota. I imagine that he dropped over a grand to repair them with new cutters or he just bought new blades.

I am really glad that you did not have anything like that occur at your thrashing show. Two thumps up!:)

Andy and Sarah.....did a bunch of bucking today with the 288 we got from you. I put 3 tanks thru it this morning. Love it for the big stuff. It pull this 32 incher with no trouble.
9d0167c6c8dfbd1deab9676a0c740168.jpg
415c896a1fc8687b25e21154c05360b2.jpg
60ed7ef838c720786772638a6f2e71c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/p/73214/884880.aspx

The lube oil doesent get changed too often, unless major contamination happens (from fuel or cooling water). On the older EMDs, there is usually some getting past the rings in the cylinder, and it usually goes out the stack (and coatsEVERYTHING in oil). Just keeping the oil topped off and doing an oil analysis every so often is usually enough to keep them going, a package of oil additives may need to be added if analysis shows it's needed.

Keep in mind, the average locomotive engine crankcase holds between 200-300 gallons of lube oil, changing oil in just a few locomotives gets expensive very quickly.

coincidentally I saw the steamer yesterday south of Mora. i was just passing over a bridge and it was moving on the track underneath. quite a crowd of people Just on the highway out in the middle of the woods
It is amazing the cult type following that the UP steam trains have when they are on the rails!

Latest posts

Back