• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mint-ish 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RanchDad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Up for sale is my ‘restored’ oem 288...awhile back I was fortunate enough to come across some hard to find nos parts and I decided to build this saw with them. New/nos parts: p/c, brake/clutch cover, tank, recoil, wrap handle, high top cover (filter and elbow too). Cases and oem muffler were powder coated (Glock) and @dustinwilt68 assembled the saw with new bearings and seals. Top end is new, oem KS with decomp. It’s been started twice, runs great but has been a shelf queen and I have two ported 288s that get all the run time so this one has to go. Other than nib this one is as nice as you will find, and it has all of the goodies. Asking $950 PayPal f&f. Feel free to ask questions and thanks for looking!
0ce609d2e36ce578d369e078f2854c56.jpg
d1e3757104d438db457b4a75883ff7f6.jpg
60ac6bc691166410f1cba77d14138740.jpg

Very nice job restoring that classic! Some lucky buyer will have a practically new, Pre-EPA work horse!

Very nice job restoring that classic! Some lucky buyer will have a practically new, Pre-EPA work horse!
I don't think anyone who buys this will turn it into a work horse. This one is for a collector.

What are parts availability like for this model? Easy to buy, not too bad, getting harder, or very difficult? Depending on how that goes, also another reason not to work the saw too hard and keep it a shelf queen.

I don't think anyone who buys this will turn it into a work horse. This one is for a collector.

What are parts availability like for this model? Easy to buy, not too bad, getting harder, or very difficult? Depending on how that goes, also another reason not to work the saw too hard and keep it a shelf queen.

What a buyer might do with the saw is anyone’s guess.
Doesn’t take away from the fact that the saw is a ‘Work Horse’ .... and if you ever ‘worked’ with one, you’d know that.
Just sayin’ :happy:

A lot of the parts for these are still readily available...the difficult ones are the ‘special’ pieces....ie full wrap, high top cover and filter elbow in particular.

I remember building this beauty, I never had the heart to sink it in wood after I built it, someone got a really nice saw, I have built 3 of these saws like this and this one was the nicest, with all the hard to find parts on it makes it a very desirable saw for sure, lucky guy who ever got it, just so the buyer knows, I only used OEM parts during the rebuild.

so that's what you did with all the parts I sold to you...and you told me you were keeping it for yourself. huh?

Latest posts

Back