• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, pump your breaks buddy, I'm not losing sleep. It was a question, if you look at that picture it looks as I said. Doesn't take away from the saw. Some saws had course installed from the factory and some fine. Thought maybe we had a unicorn with both. (I hate this text crap because people don't truly get your intentions and snap back with a snippy response)
PS (hate to say it) dont see any loctite on those bolts after you reinstalled them?
d08d7041a2d9be5b073a4ade2e667f81.jpg
The loosing sleep comment was because your post was near 2am, not being a smart***. I also loctited the bolts after the picture was taken

Ok, got ya now. It was near 2am, your right lol. Man I have to get a life. All good josh. If i didnt have my 357xp (that I dont use) id be justified to buy this beauty and not use it also.

@chipper1-- thanks for explaining that. Its difficult to understand peoples tones or sarcasm with plain text. I have been accused of it myself at times.[emoji1][emoji38]
As I type this Im sitting before a 192T im cleaning up...just washed some parts in the tube while my wifes out lmao. She'd kill me if she saw that. Now to vent the smell of SuperClean.

image.jpg
Ok, got ya now. It was near 2am, your right lol. Man I have to get a life. All good josh. If i didnt have my 357xp (that I dont use) id be justified to buy this beauty and not use it also.
I love the 359/357 but after picking up a really clean 357 i decided to sell this 359 and let the 357 have it's spot on the shelf

I was thinking of putting it on a ported 357

I think that is very similar to my idea!

Do you know the ins and outs of them? The correct kit, venting the diaphragm cover, the possible AP issues. If not, it's out there. If so, you've done your homework [emoji106]

"Because the original carb was a walbro 199, didn't want to scare a newby off."

Good idea ditching that problematic carb and the crap plastic clamp/boot combo. All 359's / 2159's after 2008 (i believe) used the Zama carb for the exact reason of the 199 being JUNK. I wont own or sell a 359 that has a 199 on it. It is NOT worth the headache. Folks should be pleased to buy a saw from someone that has a clue about stuff like this instead of "saw runs great".. but they forget to tell you it will only run great during WOT.. wont idle.. barely starts.. etc (in reference to walbro 199 carb).

"Because the original carb was a walbro 199, didn't want to scare a newby off."

Good idea ditching that problematic carb and the crap plastic clamp/boot combo. All 359's / 2159's after 2008 (i believe) used the Zama carb for the exact reason of the 199 being JUNK. I wont own or sell a 359 that has a 199 on it. It is NOT worth the headache. Folks should be pleased to buy a saw from someone that has a clue about stuff like this instead of "saw runs great".. but they forget to tell you it will only run great during WOT.. wont idle.. barely starts.. etc (in reference to walbro 199 carb).
You must not have read the whole thread my friend :).

I wasn't responding to you. Just adding that the seller is doing the right thing by a potential buyer

I wasn't responding to you. Just adding that the seller is doing the right thing by a potential buyer
I realized you weren't responding to me.
There are plenty of post and videos on what the 199 needs to cure those problems.
The OP and another michigander are both looking to put that "JUNK" carb on ported saws, so there must be more to the story ;).

Lets get this saw sold, I don't need another one when I'm trying to reduce the fleet size.
Back to the top it goes Josh :).

Here, this guy knows a thing or two about carbs so I've heard, hi Scott.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=fBMIMoWw4B0

"Junk" = Not worth the headache for most saw owners.

anyone that is going to run a hot saw or modded saw with the carb / modified or not / is not a standard saw owner.

i am aware of the youtube "fix" but i wont even bother since you can buy a brand new zama in the box for $20.00 shipped on ebay. a OEM Carb kit for a 199 is going to run you $10.00.

I'll be listing a few on eBay soon. I get $30.00 out of them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They are junk. I'll sell you one. Sitting here. $30.00 bucks shipped.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back