• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty Homelite 1050 Super Shelf Queen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score

I’m probably going to regret this, but here goes…

In December of this past year, I bought this saw from Dave who is an excellent antique/ collector saw builder and a well-respected AS member. I bought this saw because it is simply an exceptionally beautiful example of old school iron and I intended it to be a shelf queen only to be run on Sundays and at GTG’s. Dave did an awesome full restoration job on the project and it shows in every detail of the saw. As far as I can tell, save for the missing plastic hand guard (there was never a chain break on this model year) it has otherwise been 100% restored to its original condition. I also have the (paint matching) clamp bracket to mount the hand guard- it’s just not pictured. Here is the restoration info from Dave’s original post: “I replaced the fuel tank and handle and stripped the whole saw down to beadblast and repaint and add new decals. I changed the air filter color to match my other 1050. P&C look excellent – the picture is from before I pulled the cylinder and bead blasted the whole thing – saw was very dirty. Points were filed and set – great spark. Carb is the SDC with fixed high jet. 4 cycles nicely at high RPM. I honestly don’t recall if I replaced crank seals or not. Either vac / pressure test was good or I replaced them. Bearings were smooth. The bar is a NOS Oregon 24” with chain - .404 x .063. It has a seven tooth spur sprocket. If you change to a rim sprocket you could go to 3/8 x .063 chain. Since I took the before and after photos, I did locate a good muffler guard (cleaned and repainted) so the saw is complete. Oiler works great. One of the foam handle cushions is missing - came off while I had it hanging. These came from a bicycle shop”. The (correct to the era) 24” Oregon bar and chain are included. The bar is flawless and the chain is very sharp, but the chain about ½ used and has two cutters with broken top plates- a simple fix. I have not fueled or run the saw since buying it, but I have admired it a whole lot… I have mixed feelings about parting with it, but there are several other saws that I am interested in and selling this one would go a long way to obtaining them. So I’m putting this out there. The PHO alone weighs 35lbs so with the B&C; it’s probably going to run $50-$60 to ship insured to the lower 48. A video link is attached. With these costs in mind and after seeking pricing input from several of the AS tribal elders, my asking price is $625 Shipped, OBO. PayPal “As a Gift/Friends & Family” or USPS MO. Reply or Send me a PM if interested. Thanks, Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=Eyo4PETMwiI&list=UUjw97UIuz21wKVCSe5qi11w

1050 1.jpg 1050 2.jpg 1050 3.jpg 1050 4.jpg 1050 5.jpg 1050 6.jpg 1050 7.jpg 1050 8.jpg 1050 9.jpg 1050 10.jpg

1050 11.JPG
I’m probably going to regret this, but here goes…

In December of this past year, I bought this saw from Dave who is an excellent antique/ collector saw builder and a well-respected AS member. I bought this saw because it is simply an exceptionally beautiful example of old school iron and I intended it to be a shelf queen only to be run on Sundays and at GTG’s. Dave did an awesome full restoration job on the project and it shows in every detail of the saw. As far as I can tell, save for the missing plastic hand guard (there was never a chain break on this model year) it has otherwise been 100% restored to its original condition. I also have the (paint matching) clamp bracket to mount the hand guard- it’s just not pictured. Here is the restoration info from Dave’s original post: “I replaced the fuel tank and handle and stripped the whole saw down to beadblast and repaint and add new decals. I changed the air filter color to match my other 1050. P&C look excellent – the picture is from before I pulled the cylinder and bead blasted the whole thing – saw was very dirty. Points were filed and set – great spark. Carb is the SDC with fixed high jet. 4 cycles nicely at high RPM. I honestly don’t recall if I replaced crank seals or not. Either vac / pressure test was good or I replaced them. Bearings were smooth. The bar is a NOS Oregon 24” with chain - .404 x .063. It has a seven tooth spur sprocket. If you change to a rim sprocket you could go to 3/8 x .063 chain. Since I took the before and after photos, I did locate a good muffler guard (cleaned and repainted) so the saw is complete. Oiler works great. One of the foam handle cushions is missing - came off while I had it hanging. These came from a bicycle shop”. The (correct to the era) 24” Oregon bar and chain are included. The bar is flawless and the chain is very sharp, but the chain about ½ used and has two cutters with broken top plates- a simple fix. I have not fueled or run the saw since buying it, but I have admired it a whole lot… I have mixed feelings about parting with it, but there are several other saws that I am interested in and selling this one would go a long way to obtaining them. So I’m putting this out there. The PHO alone weighs 35lbs so with the B&C; it’s probably going to run $50-$60 to ship insured to the lower 48. A video link is attached. With these costs in mind and after seeking pricing input from several of the AS tribal elders, my asking price is $625 Shipped, OBO. PayPal “As a Gift/Friends & Family” or USPS MO. Reply or Send me a PM if interested. Thanks, Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=Eyo4PETMwiI&list=UUjw97UIuz21wKVCSe5qi11w

View attachment 427575 View attachment 427576 View attachment 427577 View attachment 427578 View attachment 427579 View attachment 427580 View attachment 427581 View attachment 427582 View attachment 427583 View attachment 427584

Pic of P/C:

Thanks man. These before and after pics should make people appreciate the amount of work that actually went into this saw all the more. These pics are what made me buy the saw to begin with, but this saw really belongs with a collector that will appreciate it as much if not more than I do. At the risk of shoting myself in the foot, the asking price is not set in stone. I am open to any and all reasonable offers. Scott

Homelite 1.jpg Homelite 2.jpg Homelite 3.jpg
Sweet resto job.

Thanks man. These before and after pics should make people appreciate the amount of work that actually went into this saw all the more. These pics are what made me buy the saw to begin with, but this saw really belongs with a collector that will appreciate it as much if not more than I do. At the risk of shoting myself in the foot, the asking price is not set in stone. I am open to any and all reasonable offers. Scott

View attachment 427620 View attachment 427621 View attachment 427622

The saw is Sold Pending Funds. :)

With the SDC carb (instead of the Tillotson HL), the late style decals, and the UT # sticker, it's probably an early 1980's production saw. Remember that the 1050 is an 'updated' XP1000/XP1020. The XP1000 was released around 1969 IIRC.......................and that saw was an evolution of the C-series (C-5/7/9, etc) which was released in 1963...

With the SDC carb (instead of the Tillotson HL), the late style decals, and the UT # sticker, it's probably an early 1980's production saw. Remember that the 1050 is an 'updated' XP1000/XP1020. The XP1000 was released around 1969 IIRC.......................and that saw was an evolution of the C-series (C-5/7/9, etc) which was released in 1963...

Thank you for the input. You are much more knowledge about these saws than I am- thats for sure! :)

The saw is Sold Pending Funds. :)

Much like my 029 Super that I recently sold, this saw is also going to be traveling from one coast to the other and will be soon be calling CA home. Thanks Tommy! :clap:

I've seen these saws, they are a rare species called "creamus-pufficus." Gee whiz, that saw will make a CAD victim cry! :cry::cry::cry:

I've seen these saws, they are a rare species called "creamus-pufficus." Gee whiz, that saw will make a CAD victim cry! :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks for the kind words. I have had the saw since Dec and I have resisted putting fuel in it on numerous occations because I knew if I did that I would probably never sell it. It was a tough call to make to part with it. I'm glad it sold quickly before I got cold feet, changed my mind and pulled the ad... :crazy2:On the upside I have recently comitted to buying some saws and parts from some great AS members that are easily in the same condition as this saw is. I just keep telling myself: "Stay focused, stay focused, stay focused!" LOL!

Replace that AF cover ASAP. It's a gonner. Somebody spilled something corrosive on it (maybe sweat). A cover from any C/XP series saw C51/71/91 or newer will work. Paint it black.

If you really dislike the fixed H side SDC you can replace the carb and intake manifold with ones from a C9/91 or 100cc XP1000-1100/1050/1130G saw.

I think it sat upside down on the concrete. The rest of the saw is beautiful otherwise. A little filler and some black paint and she'll be just fine.

Eh........

That's some pretty severe white death going on. Better get ALL of it out of the metal before filling and painting. For the effort involved, I'd just scrap that cover (take the knob off first) and repaint a good used one. They're not scarce or expensive....

Why the H would it have been sitting upside-down on concrete? How does the bottom of the saw look? Do whatcha want with it..........as it's yer saw. In my experience, that much mag corrosion means you're fighting a loosing battle. If it's a rare part then yeah I'd put the effort in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back