• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty Homelite 1050 Super Shelf Queen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Clean with no corrosion.

Yep to me that cover looks like it had sweat or something else corrosive dripped onto it.

With the SDC carb (instead of the Tillotson HL), the late style decals, and the UT # sticker, it's probably an early 1980's production saw. Remember that the 1050 is an 'updated' XP1000/XP1020. The XP1000 was released around 1969 IIRC.......................and that saw was an evolution of the C-series (C-5/7/9, etc) which was released in 1963...

xF3040021, makes it a 1984. The 21st unit off the line on October 31, 1984 to be exact.

That's a very cool saw. I'm jealous of whoever ended up with it. My Grandpa logged in Northern California for many years and had an xp-1100. My dad used it for cutting firewood in the '80s, but I'm not sure what ever happened to it... I'd like to find a decent one someday.

Thanks man. Yes, she was beautiful and looked just as good in reality as it did in the pics. Looking back, I wish I would have run it at least one time in the six months that I owned it. On the other hand, if I did, I probably never would have sold it. I was going to take it to the PA GTG last month to run it for the first time and let some other members run it. But the date landed on Father's day, and I had plans with my family so again, fate prevented it. One of the first saws that I ran at age 8 was a Homelite Super EZ150 and so that's one of the reasons that I bought this saw. I will probably be looking for a Shelf Queen of that model saw one day sooner or later to fill my homelite nostalgia void. So the 1050 will now call Riverside, CA home for a while. I will leave it up to the lucky buyer to chime in if he wants to identify himself or not. On the up side, unexpectedly, Randy listed his Minty ported 346XP and selling this was the sacrifice that I made to snag that thing before the ported saw vultures began to circle (I use the term with the utmost of respect and admiration guys- LOL). So after being a Stihl guy all my adult life, I’m now going to try the other flavor of orange toys. We will see…

:cheers:

1050 12.jpg 2.jpg 346XP_For_Sale_002.jpg 346XP_For_Sale_006.jpg
That's a very cool saw. I'm jealous of whoever ended up with it. My Grandpa logged in Northern California for many years and had an xp-1100. My dad used it for cutting firewood in the '80s, but I'm not sure what ever happened to it... I'd like to find a decent one someday.

What a well restored saw! lt would make me too sad to sell a saw like this one, especially after all the headaches getting it looking NOS. A good opportunity for someone to buy a special piece. For what it is and what has gone into this saw l think its priced pretty fairly! GLWS:)

Looks like the buyer in Riverside decided to flip it on eBay. Even is using some of your pics for his listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homelite-Super-1050-COLLECTORS-LOOK-RUNS-LIKE-A-CHAMP/251997281117?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=31190&meid=59f7c5c16439478282a773b26c2a131a&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=231592815280&rt=nc

1050-1-jpg.427575

Well, I appreciate you guys letting me know. Tommy made me an offer of $550 shipped and I accepted his offer because I wanted to grab Randy's Ported 346XP before it was gone. He funded it right away and other than it taking me a while to figure the shipping method out (I was being quoted $96 coast to coast with insurance on a 35lb box through the USPS), I was finally able to ship it FedEx/business through my employer for a more realistic cost and overall, the deal went well. At that point, it was his saw to do what he wanted with it and if he could make something on it, then good on him. I may have let it go for less than it was worth, but I sold it for more than I paid for it too so I can't complain. I wish he would have asked me if he could use my images first, but other than that- we are all good. I will miss it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back