• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty Stihl 029 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought this saw about a year ago from a local shop that I have bought several good saws from. I was told that it was traded to them by the original owner who is getting older and does not use it anymore. I bought it as a spare saw, CAD and all of that- don’t ask...). But at the time, I did not realize that with it being the “Super” model, that I was basically a duplicating my MS310- it also has the adj. oiler etc. It just has the .325 rim instead of 3/8 rim. I added a very nice second port to the muffler and opened up the inner cage some while I was reconditioning the muffler. I also added the outer spike/ dawg on the clutch cover and the saw flat out screams. It would pull an 18" or 20" 3/8 rim with no issues what so ever and that was my next step for the saw. The P/C look perfect and I can pull the muffler again and get a comp # etc. if someone requires it. The original 20” Farm Boss logo'd ES bar and a new .325 chain are included. The chain is new with about 5 minutes tune run time on it, but I touched it up anyway because that is just what you do when you have OCD... As stated, I have only run it a few minutes to tune it and based on its condition, I would guess that the original owner only ran a couple of tanks through it. I would keep it, but I already have a couple of other saws in the works and like I said, it’s basically a duplicate saw for me. I’m asking $350 or best offer. I will split the actual insured shipping cost with the buyer to the lower 48 (shipping outside the lower 48 can be negotiated). PayPal as a gift/friends and family or USPS Money Order preferred. Please PM me with any offers or questions. Thanks! Scott

1.jpg 2.jpg 6.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Muffler Pics.

IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1924.JPG IMG_1928.JPG IMG_1929.JPG

I bought this saw about a year ago from a local shop that I have bought several good saws from. I was told that it was traded to them by the original owner who is getting older and does not use it anymore. I bought it as a spare saw, CAD and all of that- don’t ask...). But at the time, I did not realize that with it being the “Super” model, that I was basically a duplicating my MS310- it also has the adj. oiler etc. It just has the .325 rim instead of 3/8 rim. I added a very nice second port to the muffler and opened up the inner cage some while I was reconditioning the muffler. I also added the outer spike/ dawg on the clutch cover and the saw flat out screams. It would pull an 18" or 20" 3/8 rim with no issues what so ever and that was my next step for the saw. The P/C look perfect and I can pull the muffler again and get a comp # etc. if someone requires it. The original 20” Farm Boss logo'd ES bar and a new .325 chain are included. The chain is new with about 5 minutes tune run time on it, but I touched it up anyway because that is just what you do when you have OCD... As stated, I have only run it a few minutes to tune it and based on its condition, I would guess that the original owner only ran a couple of tanks through it. I would keep it, but I already have a couple of other saws in the works and like I said, it’s basically a duplicate saw for me. I’m asking $350 or best offer. I will split the actual insured shipping cost with the buyer to the lower 48 (shipping outside the lower 48 can be negotiated). PayPal as a gift/friends and family or USPS Money Order preferred. Please PM me with any offers or questions. Thanks! Scott

View attachment 419214 View attachment 419215 View attachment 419216 View attachment 419217 View attachment 419218 View attachment 419219 View attachment 419220 View attachment 419221

any idea what the cost to ship to 48727 would be?

Hello and thanks for inquiring. USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days), Insured for $350 to you would run about $25 total cost (maybe $30 depending on the exact weight of box/packing etc since the bar requires a rectagular box and I also tend to use overkill amounts of packing materials/techniques). So, your 1/2 would be about $12-15. PM me if you are interested and I will provide you with my Cell/Text number so we can talk it over.

Thank you,
Scott

Nice saw Scott . That series saws get a bad rap but with the muffler mod. it really wakes them up . Scott is a good guy to deal with buy with confidence. GLWS .

View attachment 419214 View attachment 419215 View attachment 419216 View attachment 419217 View attachment 419218 View attachment 419219 View attachment 419220 View attachment 419221

Attention all K-Mart shoppers: Sunday "Blue Light Special" on chainsaws! $325 shipped, thats a $50 drop after shipping costs. I'm into this saw for more than $350, and thats before the new chain, dawg, air & fuel filter, spark plug etc. Not to mention the dual port/limmiters removal. I'm headed out to mow the south 40 (actually just two acres, but in my mind its a lot more...), so I'll be off line for a bit. Thank god for cup holders on riding lawn tractors!

Attention all K-Mart shoppers: Sunday "Blue Light Special" on chainsaws! $325 shipped, thats a $50 drop after shipping costs. I'm into this saw for more than $350, and thats before the new chain, dawg, air & fuel filter, spark plug etc. Not to mention the dual port/limmiters removal. I'm headed out to mow the south 40 (actually just two acres, but in my mind its a lot more...), so I'll be off line for a bit. Thank god for cup holders on riding lawn tractors!

Here's a first- bumping my own saw instead of someone else's for a change- lol!

Saw is Sold Pending Payment.

Thanks all,
Scott

Looks like my East Coast saw is now going to be a West Coast saw and is headed to CO- Thanks Ed! :clap:

Ed,
The saw was shipped today as promised. Here is something to hold you over until it arrives next week :)! It was taken today just prior to packaging up the saw. Let me know when it arrives ok- you are gonna love it...

http://youtu.be/2oi42f4TFj4

Thanks again,
Scott

Latest posts

Back