• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Missing Wife

Gugi47

Gugi47

ArboristSite Hit Man
Missing Wife

A husband went to the sheriff’s department to report that his wife was missing.

Husband: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home.

Sergeant: What is her height?

Husband: Gee, I’m not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant: Weight?

Husband: Don’t know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant: Color of eyes?

Husband: Never noticed.

Sergeant: Color of hair?

Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown.

Sergeant: What was she wearing?

Husband: Could have been a skirt or shorts. I don’t remember exactly.

Sergeant: What kind of car did she go in?

Husband: She went in my truck.

Sergeant: What kind of truck was it?

Husband: Brand new 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch 4X4 with eco-boost 5.0L V8 engine special ordered with manual transmission. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed. Custom leather seats and “Bubba” floor mats. Trailering package with gold hitch. DVD with navigation, 21-channel CB radio. Added special alloy wheels and off-road Michelins. Wife put a small scratch on the driver’s door…. At this point the husband started choking up.

Sergeant: Don’t worry buddy. We’ll find your truck.

blades

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
in days past 7 posistion selector switch 3 banks of crystals (No digital synthesizing back in the day) = 21 channels= ya the joke has been around as long as i can remember with various updates over the years.

NIP Group
Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
I still have a 23 channel walkie talky, SSB, a Marine band, and a 23 channel and side band together. With the 200 amp there is not much stopping them. My short wave gets outs more than 30 miles which is good enough. Thanks

blades

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
200 amp ? watts perhaps. ( the old tube types I could see 200 amp draw on transmitting) By the rules ( unless changes have been made, 27 meters reserved for CB and ssb on same frequency range were limited to 5 watt output ( used to know plenty that boosted that though). back then it was all AM no FM. No idea where things are at now been out of too long.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
200 amp ? watts perhaps. ( the old tube types I could see 200 amp draw on transmitting) By the rules ( unless changes have been made, 27 meters reserved for CB and ssb on same frequency range were limited to 5 watt output ( used to know plenty that boosted that though). back then it was all AM no FM. No idea where things are at now been out of too long.
200 watts at the stick linear amplifier. I do not remember what kind of draw it has. When your antenna got ice on it pull the switch and it would melt pretty quick. If some one was coming in a little weak you could bring them to life with just a flick of the switch. I would guess about 30 or 40 amp draw. Used 10 gauge copper wire. Bought a circuit board and soldered the parts on and do not think FCC was really on board with that. Thanks

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
The good thing and bad thing about running an amp was you could talk to about any body regardless of what channel was being used. I discovered especially with higher powered amps was bleed over. Some trucker would be dead heading and you could say that trailer tire is flopping like crazy. They would answer and "say what". If you dialed around a bit you could find them or just garble at them. Unless they were 20 miles away then bleed over was not so effective. With the power on you could hear pretty much every body. A neighbor one time told me he heard me on his TV when I drove up. I can not imagine why the FCC would frown on a few folks who just wanted to be able to get out a little. Thanks