Mix Ratios

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just bought my first ported saw, Hutzl 660 clone.
The guy runs 32:1 in it. You guys think this sounds like a good idea?
I have only ever run 50:1 in my saws (40:1 in vintage saws) but these are all stock, 240 feet above sea level.

Just bought my first ported saw, Hutzl 660 clone.
The guy runs 32:1 in it. You guys think this sounds like a good idea?
I have only ever run 50:1 in my saws (40:1 in vintage saws) but these are all stock, 240 feet above sea level.
Should be fine. My clone 660 is not ported, I run 45:1 amsoil saber.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Oh no say it isn’t so another oil ratio post.......lol

If the Chinese say 25:1 I’d mix it 20:1 to give it more oil. Adjust the carb to it and it shouldn’t foul plugs. Unless your not running wot.

My older husky saws were 40:1 I ran them 38:1. I don’t feel comfortable at 50:1 with my newer saws. With the ratio mix this thin make sure you shake the gas can after sitting to get the oil separation back in the mix. Or you might run leaner.

I’m rebuilding saws only once I don’t do things twice.

Me too, Echo Powerblend.

Have been running it 50:1, I'm contemplating switching to 40:1 because all but one of my saws are at least 40 years old...
I wanna try the echo red armor next bottle of oil i get. My dealer hasnit in now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I wanna try the echo red armor next bottle of oil i get. My dealer hasnit in now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I've heard good things about Red Armor. I bought the Powerblend when I got my Echo 2620 trimmer powerhead because according to the warranty, i needed to use oil that met whatever cutting edge oil rating :rolleyes: Powerblend or Red Armor met (now I've really dragged this oil thread into contentious territory).

These days it takes me a while to burn through a quart of 2 stroke oil, so I've just been using the Powerblend in everything.

My dealer told me to use the Husqvarna xp + oil in my newer saws.
On YT hotsaws101 said in stock saws bel ray full synthetic and in ported hot saws use motul 800. He said he tested the 2t oils and found these to have less carbon build up.
Since he/we’re the end product user/tester we need to trust each other.

I don’t think used motor oil is a good lubricant. The wear factor is gone. We once seen recycled used motor oil, we don’t see it anymore.

Latest posts

Back