mixing oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expensive, and sometimes the drama.

I used to be into drag racing and a lot of the guys were pricks. Always talking down other’s cars, knowledge, etc.

Expensive, and sometimes the drama.
I used to be into drag racing and a lot of the guys were pricks. Always talking down other’s cars, knowledge, etc.

Those that can not take defeat well often spend plenty of mouth time in the pits. Then there are those that will spend their mouth time telling you what a great great job from an OLD F.

My budget was $5,000 for the year which included a track membership and a new used bike every ten years. I traveled 30,000 to 50,000 miles every year and won about $2,000 to $5,000 every year to add to the budget. Place well and your gate fees are free. Of course might be a bigger challenge if I was married. Thanks

Those that can not take defeat well often spend plenty of mouth time in the pits.
Very well said.

The one thing about those sort of people, they never actually race either. They show up at every event and run their mouths but their machine stays at home in the garage.

Why would any body give up racing. A couple of friends of mine in their eighties still going. Thanks

My knees got bad. I took a big rock righ to my right knee cap and it has never been the same since. Back in those days they didnt have all these fancy braces and stuff like they do now. That rock split the plastic knee pad on my shin guards it hit so hard. My heart is still there but my body just got too beat up. I still follow the pros and watch the races on TV religiously.

My dad raced unlimited offshore boats, specifically the standing 1/4 mile. To sum it up in a few words. Mom told him sink anymore money in that boat and were done. He more or less gave it up. Still have his old Baker hull. Still have his last engine for it. Just sits and collects dust.

My dad raced unlimited offshore boats, specifically the standing 1/4 mile. To sum it up in a few words. Mom told him sink anymore money in that boat and were done. He more or less gave it up. Still have his old Baker hull. Still have his last engine for it. Just sits and collects dust.
What sort of engine?

2.3l black max mercury. it had the full work up for 15 or so years ago. Multi stage direct nitrous/methanol injected, fuel injection, lighten rotating assembly, bridge ported, im sure theres a few things I'm forgetting. none of the nitrous injection isnt hooked up anymore. And we just run it on race gas now. The hull was painted a neon orange, had big metal flake purple "watch this" on both sides. He did quite well for some time, just couldn't keep an engine together for more than a few runs. Always run lean after the nitrous ran out. I'm sure if we were doing it today with modern fuel injection it woundnt be an issue, but it was very fast for it's time.

Latest posts

Back