• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MMWS 2166

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy Evans did the porting. He ported it to be a work saw but for the details I wouldn’t be able to explain them right. I think when he ports them they are all done the same.

I sold pretty much the same thing from another builder last fall. You're in the ballpark on price to what I got. There are a few factors working against you: the market looking specifically for this is pretty limited, a bunch of this model just sold on ebay for about half of what you're asking(not ported but guys can get them done), and the market for sales overall is pretty stagnant right now.

I apologize if this was more info than you're looking for.

So as a newbie tell me what would the equivalent husky model be? Thanks.

It's equivalent to a 365 x-torq. The 365/372/2166/2172 all share the same piston and cylinder. The 365 and 2166 have baffles in the transfer covers which reduces the power output. The port job would include the removal of the baffles (amongst other work) making this basically a ported 372 in black and red, with a different air filter.

It's equivalent to a 365 x-torq. The 365/372/2166/2172 all share the same piston and cylinder. The 365 and 2166 have baffles in the transfer covers which reduces the power output. The port job would include the removal of the baffles (amongst other work) making this basically a ported 372 in black and red, with a different air filter.

In that case that seems to be a hell of a fair deal.

Back