Modding the new MS201T - The truth inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I send him a message with my info without all of these savages seeing it ?

Or as a shortcut simply click on a members username under their avatar to the left of their posts. A pop up window will open and give you the option to "start a conversation". Click that and away you go!

Thanks man, I've

yea man I've been in the trade for a
While, been a line
Clearance tree trimmer an now I'm
Working for myself, i actually just moved to ct from Oregon,
Welcome Tyler!
Where in CT?
I'm in eastern CT.
Do you have a crew or work alone?
Dan

l don't think thats normal....they are not supposed to self destruct!lol l know Brad cut out some of the plastic on mine to accomadate the muff modd. Did you modify your muffler? Are your muffler screws in properly and none missing. You need to work backwards from the evidence to find the exhaust leak.

A "lightly" snellerized 201T finally!! Thank you for the review on the mini saw, I use one once in awhile at work and its a lame duck and they don't like me taking a falling saw (441 28") up in the bucket. Don't help that 20 different people run the 201T and nobody but me gives 2 sh*$s how it runs or how to keep up on chains.

A "lightly" snellerized 201T finally!! Thank you for the review on the mini saw, I use one once in awhile at work and its a lame duck and they don't like me taking a falling saw (441 28") up in the bucket. Don't help that 20 different people run the 201T and nobody but me gives 2 sh*$s how it runs or how to keep up on chains.
Are you running am early 201T? The latter production 201Ts run quite well, right out of the box. The 201TC runs very well right out of the box. The mods I do to these still make quite a difference though.

Are you running am early 201T? The latter production 201Ts run quite well, right out of the box. The 201TC runs very well right out of the box. The mods I do to these still make quite a difference though.
They had the saw when I started ( almost 3 years) so I'm not sure if it's older style or newer. It actually runs decently but nobody flips bars when they file, or clean air filters, or give a Damn about a properly sharpend chain. All chains have beaks and uneven, some have same angle as manufacturer and some cutters are straight across oh and most chains have all these attributes so they don't help the little saw. So hairs tends to be lost

How can one tell if it's one of the better 201T's? Serial # starts at? Thanks

The modification (with improved flywheel, ignition module and carburetor) was introduced from serial number 1 77 543 232. It`s descriped in TI 40.2013.
wow..very informative information on these threads...but leaves my head spinning. It sounds like the higher ser# 201T (17755..) and above is a much better saw than the intro 201ts... But the mtronic saws are great too from the reports I've read. So I'm getting a new one ......but which one to get?????? I've got a dealer with a 201t ser# 179..that he's holding for me till Saturday, and can be adjusted, or get a mtronic model which can't be adjusted(?)....which I can always get later.....help me out with this guys.

Back