modified mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my 028s I take the baffle right out and make the side port a little bigger. No welding needed really. As far as squish like mentioned above am cylinders are all over the place so bolt it on and check with a piece of solder before u do and base gasket deletes or deck work

Anyone know what tool is used to weld on tin metal for these chainsaw mufflers who has been threw the struggle to learn? I am trying to design my own usa modified mufflers with old mufflers on saws theres got to be a way to do that? brasing,tig,mig not really sure not a welder?

Brass with a oxy/act torch works great

they ain't tin, mild steel, easy to braze

I have only messed with a mccollough small consumer saw a friend gave me.. i replaced bad fuel puckup and the muffler was packed with goey debris.. so i wire brushed and soaked and cleaned it out.. i remember drilling a 3/16 hole or 2 in the outlet side of the small muffler body.. after that full cleaned and turned up the mixture slightly.. and it runs and idles great. I would not do that on an expensive saw... but a free saw it seemed a good learning experience.

Back