• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Monster maul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus I think it would be expensive to ship. But I did get mine in mail some 30 years ago. Still have it seldom used and going to keep it. Good luck on search.

Not to set prices or anything, but I'm more surprised than anything, I saw one go for atleast 185$ the other day on Ebay, I thought that was crazy!

Seriously! $224 freaking dollars!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG!

I wish I had one kicking around as nice as yours, it would be on ebay now. Yours is so nice it might bring $300!

Personally I think they make a better door stop than a maul.

I have one also, I never liked it, I thought it was inefficient compared to my other mauls.
I think one of the kids has it now and he doesn't like it either.

John

I have one also, I never liked it, I thought it was inefficient compared to my other mauls.
I think one of the kids has it now and he doesn't like it either.

John

There is a huge difference between the Sotz and the later knockoffs. I also have a red knockoff that I bought with a group of tools at auction and it does not do as well as the Sotz.

There is a $40 version available through Ace hardware. I have one, but I find the handle a little on the short side. Someday I'll weld on a longer one.

Dad had a Sotz when I was young. I swung that motherf****r throughout my teens. He won't part with it.

The Fiskers are awesome....until you get a big knot.....

There is still a cache of NOS ones available, he has sold out of a couple of sizes. I used one for 25+ years, if I was still heating with wood I would get a lighter one for my senior years.
Agree. They are heavy. Mine is at least 35 yrs. old. Doesn't even have the handle grip. Also have the log tool to hold log off ground. Great for building up muscles.

Back