Montgomery ward saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up this saw. All I did so far is clean the points. A lot of work left to do but it actually runs off of tank fuel. Sure can’t find much info on it? Anyone seen them. Anyone restored one. It’s missing a few things like the choke lever and such

Sears sold one just like it I think. Power Products AH47 engine. Maybe an early Roper?
I seen some pictures of a mono looked the same. The main problems with it is the choke leaver is missing, but should be able to make one easy enough. There is a gasket missing between the air box and manifold ( can see the fins). And the fuel line I assume is completely wrong. Have to figure that out. I’m debating on painting this one. I usually don’t paint them I like the patina but lately I’ve wanted to get into painting them properly.

I wish I had kept the one I had... I cut a fair amount of wood with it, Not a lot of rpm, but torquey.
It looks like the fuel line is in the origional place. Mine would vapor lock very badly

Looking for any information I can get on the reed assembly for the same saw. I'm going to need a new one.

Attachments

• MWC.jpg
    MWC.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 6
  • MWC2.jpg
    MWC2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 6
  • mwc3.jpg
    mwc3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
Looking for any information I can get on the reed assembly for the same saw. I'm going to need a new one.
Turns out there is no reed assembly on this saw. What I thought was a oddball reed ended up being a weird 3 piece gasket. Once I made a new gasket it was able to get the saw running and cutting well.

Back