Morbark 1415 Diesel version?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, currently we're looking to update our Vermeer 1230A to possibly this 1415 by Morbark. Any thoughts on this unit good or bad would be appreciated.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I really like Morbark over Vermeer. What you have to watch out for now is that Cat/Perkins is having major engine issues on Tier 4 final engines. Stay away from them as I spoke with the southeastern regional manager for Perkins and I can't even get filters for the new engines for 6 months. You can't let these engines idle as it creates problems! Go Deere or Cummins when it comes to engines.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Thank you Dave, they're dropping a 1415 off for us to demo this Wednesday, it has the Isuzu diesel. I believe at 75 horsepower the Tier 4 nonsense isn't required, also once the is broken in, machine can be tuned up to 100+ HP?

Correct, it will Dave. He said it can handle the increase up to 100/110 HP, unsure of the torque numbers, however it "will" violate the 3-Warranty.
The demo went well today, so we bought it, seems to handle anything we through at it, it only had 5 hours on the motor.

Thank you Dave..

Back