Morbark 290 opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lapowers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or info on a more bark 290 chipper or t has a Ford 4 cylinder gas engine . The chippers in good shape I’m looking at it as a replacement for my current chipper. Currently I run a chipmore chuck and duck. I do tree removal on the side maybe 3-4 jobs per month. I know this is an older chipper but I’m not concerned with that . I was curious how big a log it will chip and any week areas I should be aware of. Thanks

The 290 is a 12" chipper and a good machine. Check the side where the anvil is and make sure that there's no cracking in the steel. The Ford engine is a good engine in the chipper.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Check and make sure the feed wheel and/or the motors arnt all jacked up see if there is a bunch of play in the yoke (twisting vs up and down) on the motor side make sure the governor is there and functional. they are expensive to replace/fix. You will hate the machine if it's messed up, ask me how I know... when I got my morbark 200 I came into it after a few homemade ghetto attempts at rigging the governor and I had a mess to fix.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back