More problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As if getting stuck trying to unload some brush the other day the troubles continue.

8 degrees and about 15mph wind blowing, bundled up, loaded truck with big bag of noodels form the woodpile and went to grab the chains out of the car....not there. Neighbor had arrived just as I had pulled out of the stuck part and picked up the chains. He must have put them on the tailgate - not there so obviously fell off on the 1/4 mile drive home. I'm hoping he still has them but I'm sure someone made a good find on the highway.

Unloaded and came out no problem, home backup to the brush and start cutting the next load. Barely started and snagged what looks like the remains of a cell phone charger that plugs into a lighter socked.

Figured pictures of this comedy of errors would be nice so shot a few.

Down time removing bar chain and untangling that. Put it all together and start out the door to cut some more. Checked tank - about out of gas. With a very low wind chill barehanded fuel up is not fun. Promptly put oil in gas tank!!!. Dumped (getting gas on hand - that helps the windchill immensely). Added fuel from an almost empty jug, sloshed around, dumped, fueled and oiled up - by that time my hands weren't painful anymore - they didn't have any feeling at all.

Back to the house to warm up and out to finish cutting up the lilacs. Didn't load them. Found a pill purse with eyedrops, a mini first aid kit, various chunks of plastic from the interior wheel well by the looks of it in the bushes. Dunno why she would have dug that stuff out of the car. May have rolled it coming in but from my house it looked like a straight in, wheels up smash.

On the net to upload photos to Photobucket - they have finally succeeded in making that site totally unusable. It was bad enough the other day as I was at least able to upload photos. (couldn't access any sub albums). Not today - couldn't even upload any.

I'll talk to the neighbor tonight to see if he'll let me burn that pile. It's getting a bit big and I still have 2 loads of brush to go. Plan to haul that stuff tomorrow...barring more problems.

Harry K

days like that i just go back to bed... but then again, its always that cold here and things always go horribly slow in these conditions. its just gods way of reminding us to step back and smile from time to time. tomorrow is another day harry, dont let it get the best of ya

3 am yesterday started out , can't find truck keys 1/2 hr to find. drive drifted shut,plow drive couple quick passes, get to shop 2 ft drift in front of doors, yep forgot shovel other one inside shop. go get pallet of salt. Idiot on forklift bounces off tail gate, bends hinges , gate wont close back to shop 2hrs to fix tail gate, hand restack 46 ,50# bags of salt on different pallet - same idiot ran forks through 3 bags and busted the pallet up where i can't lift it with my fork lift. Added a vibrator to salter because salt coming through ( bagged product) slightly damp, freezing and bridging in hopper , yep mounting bolt pattern interferes with bolt pattern that holds vibrator housing together ( another real bright engineering design) more time lost getting around that. Yep I lost truck keys again, this time i think permanently- likely in the shoved snow drift outside somewhere. grab a spare set. Maybe find them next May if I remember. quick tour of plowing accounts digging out drifts from trucks docks and such. Customer calls ranting about his equipment which has been ready for 2 weeks, I left a message on his device 2 weeks ago that it was ready, guess he doesn't check those messages. working in shop till 4pm then plow accounts now ten pm Go home, drive sealed shut mail box in next county somewhere also drive pretty well drifted full again, plow that out, strange foot steps in front walk only area not filled with drifts don't know what that's about. Go in house , smell Gas, stove control bumped to start position, fly around opening windows to air out, amazingly house didn't go boom with NC 30 cooking in next room, takes along time to reheat house from 0 degs to reasonable temp. Oh and the 117 " bandsaw blade broke last night also. too dang cold and me too tired to replace just then. Well a new day now , we will see what Murphy has in store for me today.

As if getting stuck trying to unload some brush the other day the troubles continue.

8 degrees and about 15mph wind blowing, bundled up, loaded truck with big bag of noodels form the woodpile and went to grab the chains out of the car....not there. Neighbor had arrived just as I had pulled out of the stuck part and picked up the chains. He must have put them on the tailgate - not there so obviously fell off on the 1/4 mile drive home. I'm hoping he still has them but I'm sure someone made a good find on the highway.

Unloaded and came out no problem, home backup to the brush and start cutting the next load. Barely started and snagged what looks like the remains of a cell phone charger that plugs into a lighter socked.

Figured pictures of this comedy of errors would be nice so shot a few.

Down time removing bar chain and untangling that. Put it all together and start out the door to cut some more. Checked tank - about out of gas. With a very low wind chill barehanded fuel up is not fun. Promptly put oil in gas tank!!!. Dumped (getting gas on hand - that helps the windchill immensely). Added fuel from an almost empty jug, sloshed around, dumped, fueled and oiled up - by that time my hands weren't painful anymore - they didn't have any feeling at all.

Back to the house to warm up and out to finish cutting up the lilacs. Didn't load them. Found a pill purse with eyedrops, a mini first aid kit, various chunks of plastic from the interior wheel well by the looks of it in the bushes. Dunno why she would have dug that stuff out of the car. May have rolled it coming in but from my house it looked like a straight in, wheels up smash.

On the net to upload photos to Photobucket - they have finally succeeded in making that site totally unusable. It was bad enough the other day as I was at least able to upload photos. (couldn't access any sub albums). Not today - couldn't even upload any.

I'll talk to the neighbor tonight to see if he'll let me burn that pile. It's getting a bit big and I still have 2 loads of brush to go. Plan to haul that stuff tomorrow...barring more problems.

Harry K

So, other than that, things went pretty well then? :D I hate days like that! Only problem is, I seem to have more and more of them as I get older!
Example: the other day I had to run home and change clothes for a meeting. Dumped pockets out on bed and changed, put stuff including phone back in pocket. Get to town, guy isn't on time, reach in to pocket to grab phone to call him and see where he is. Only problem, I had stuffed the tv remote in pocket, not my phone! C'mon now, they are about the same size! lol

Ted

ted! I can match that one real close.... told wife truck was not running right . she was to expect a call if I had trouble so keep your cell close by! went to woods and made it there, truck filled with wood and ready to go home! truck wont start due to dead battery! call wife's cell and my bib pocket starts buzzing? "OK" ? DUMB AZZ! two cells don't work well when carrying them on one body???? nice slow walk home it was! lol like I said "DUMB ASS"!!!!

winter is made for sitting around the stove and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Plenty of time once it warms up to commence working again. Least thats my view.

turnkey4099 (Harry K),
I ran across this picture and instantly thought of you and your recent "bad days"... thought it might cheer you up a little...

View attachment 332897

Thanks. Reminded me of one day as a kid shooting ground squirrels with my single shot .22. Shot one and he went bannanas, spinning turning somersaults, etc. When he quit and I picked him up I saw I had shot a bit low and did a clean nutectomy. Didn't even break the skin of the abdomen.

Harry K

Even the squirrel ain't helping my mood any more today :(
I just finished doing the taxes and now I feel like I've been hung just like that poor critter.

Look on the bright side, at least you're paying for some welfare recipients vacation in 2014. Amazing how people that don't pay much on their taxes, get back more than those of us who do!

Latest posts

Back