More Simon tree work (popular guy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
takedown

good job guys!

ekka i could sure use 1 of those machines,it would save time and my back!

tree dude

Don't let the manufacturer see you loading all those men on the back. I think you just voided your warranty! :laugh:

Good vid as usual! :blob2:

BlueRidgeMark said:
Don't let the manufacturer see you loading all those men on the back. I think you just voided your warranty! :laugh:

Good vid as usual! :blob2:

I found a place that fills your tyres with solid compound rubbery stuff. The do bobcats and things like that so they become puncture proof.

I'm thinking about getting it done, takes them 2 days for the whole shebang to happen, coz I reckon I'll be busting tyres soon.

ekka, you are always cracking me up. Kind of looks like the Keystone Kops jumping into the truck to chase the bad guys. Great videos, I am sure everyone would agree, We thank you for your time, effort, entertainment, teaching skills, not to mention the camera work and editing. Cheers to ya mate!

Nice notches !. A little deeper than what I cut, I cut about 1/3 way in.

SmokechaseII was yacking about notches in a thread thrown up by 1Callandscape's video.

He said on big fat heavy spars go deeper to get a wider hinge and a notch closer to the centre of gravity on the spar. All results in an easier pull over of the spar.

Now, on thinner stuff he reckons the traditional 1/3 is good.

Argghhh, I just cut em and fell em, and wha ya get is results. If you shoot for 1/3 and end up with 25% to 50% you will live, trust me on that one.

I been kinda doing what you suggest ekka but slowly.

On the road to todays finish up job. Steep! pic 15

These are our woods. in the woods pic 8

Last edited:
Nice video, id turn the music volume down a little so you can hear more whats going on, make it more in the back ground..

Good point JimL

Hey Extreme, it's mighty green there, what are all those trees?

Ekka said:
Good point JimL

Hey Extreme, it's mighty green there, what are all those trees?

looks like some small red oaks, and a stray ash in there?

Back