Morning visitors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
969b445ec30dd1d954c8042810a96b16.jpg
f321df60196d0fb9cc6cd8fb3b5b923c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put up two chickadee houses about 4 years ago. The wren filled one with sticks but never nested otherwise they have been unused. Since the birds don't want to use them I won't take issue to this guy moving in once he opens up the hole enough to fit.

IMG_6047.JPG

I put up two chickadee houses about 4 years ago. The wren filled one with sticks but never nested otherwise they have been unused. Since the birds don't want to use them I won't take issue to this guy moving in once he opens up the hole enough to fit.

View attachment 535396
Looks like he has his work cut out for him. Quite the acrobat.

View attachment 535396
I love wrens but they'll fill every box within a 1/4 mile and then go build a nest in a bush.I guess it's just to keep other birds away.

Also in my yard this morning. This gal was trying to (or maybe succeeded) in laying eggs in the spot where I recently burned out a stump. Had to keep an eye on her so she steered clear of the bunnies (about 25' away). On her way back to the lake she crossed my deck, which is far from the easiest route lol.

IMG_8374.JPG IMG_8377.JPG IMG_8378.JPG IMG_8381.JPG

I started to say, yum, turtle soup! But I never tried it. My hunting buddy used to catch snappers and keep them in a pen feeding them what he considered a cleaner diet for about a month, then he made turtle soup, Joe.

I had a friend whose father traps snappers on the Mississippi and keeps the one within the allowed size. If I had more time I would probably have harvested these after getting a turtle license.

They are thick near this lake every June. Maybe someday I'll have the time.

This fledgling grouse was dumber than a stump and nearly ran under my car as I tried to drive around him. This road gets pounded by hunters in the fall so if he doesn't wisen up soon he won't see many more sunrises.
IMG_8874.JPG

Here's a chipmunk at the cabin that will eat out of your hand and let you pet him. He's at least 4 or 5 years old now and has lost part of his tail to something so I fear he's not going to be around all that much longer.
IMG_8928.JPG

The kids found a baby mouse next to the deck. Why he was out and about alone, I'm not sure but he hopped his way to safety under the building after I took this picture.
IMG_8865.JPG

Latest posts

Back