Most badass 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 243 and love it also. Shoots far and flat with almost no kick.

My Echo CS-490 is a pretty nice saw with a torquy powerband that I like. And the price was extra right.
But I'm thinkin I may not need it anymore if I ever get around to fixin the fuel system on my Poulan 3500. I figure 25-34-36-41-60 ought to cover all the small jobs.

Lol yeah I know, but i am keen to hear about people's thoughts. There is some good 50cc stuff out there atm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I’m a Stihl guy, mostly, but my 50 cc Saw is the Husky 350 with a 45 mm cylinder, 353 flat top piston, it’s light, fast, easy to work on and plentiful , cheap parts! Your mileage may vary.:) If you want a real hot rod, throw a 346 NE top end on that same 350 and smile!:cheers:

I’m a Stihl guy, mostly, but my 50 cc Saw is the Husky 350 with a 45 mm cylinder, 353 flat top piston, it’s light, fast, easy to work on and plentiful , cheap parts! Your mileage may vary.:) If you want a real hot rod, throw a 346 NE top end on that same 350 and smile!:cheers:
I do like prosaws.

Not sure if used would do. There are some 346xp saws on eBay. Other saws mentioned here are there too.

I was thinking about one last new saw with XPG. Husky with heated handles. Unless I can find a heated handle kit for one of my older huskys.

HUSQVARNA 550 XP[emoji2400] Mark II is an angry little b*****d.
Little heavy, really narrow profile, solid feel in my hands. Well ballanced.
Complete, with the superb C85 chain, sweet little saw. Lots of cutting ability.
Thanks mate. Good info

I liked the OE 550xp and even the 545 over the NE346 and OE 261 heavier one. Havent ran the new MII 550.

You seem to be a stihl guy. Why not the type 2 261 50cc the updated one.

View attachment 730152
View attachment 730153

This is what he will get, obviously. Nothing wrong with that.

Most badass 50cc saw is no longer made. They are red. I have two.:chainsaw::chainsaw:

That newest ms261 would do ok as a 50cc saw.

McCulloch pro 10-10 automatic ,does just about everything I want it to do except diet ,we have 2 550xp's at work and after putting a 16" powermatch b/c on it it's become every one's favorite saw, but auto tune has some issues at least both of ours and honestly I'll carry a ms361 up the mountain because of it.

My favorite 50cc saw of all time is still the 346 NE or OE, a close second goes to the 353, pretty much the same saw anyway. The 550 is even better handling, but it's not a reliable platform IMHO. Never cared much for the Dolmar 5100/5105, super smooth with good power, but clunky.

The MS261 is likely the best 50cc saw made today. Don't know about the 550 mark II, on paper it looks heavy for 50cc, hopefully that translates into better reliability/durability. The old Poulan 50cc models ran and were well built too.

Back