Most Comfortable Saddle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a good look at New Tribe saddles. Like Moss said, the Tengu (one New Tribe model) is great, but was designed for a guy who is a full time rec climber (and instructor). I just bought their VI Special saddle and find it a lot more comfortable than the Petzl saddles I had been using while hanging on the rope, although I haven't tried it with spurs yet. It's similar to the Tengu but has metal D-rings for starters.

http://www.newtribe.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=196

They have other models, some meant more for professional arborists. The prices are good, and the service is great. They'll even work with you to customize it a bit if you order directly from them. Good group of people.

didn't realize price was $189 at wesspur vs $215 at newtribe. mine ended up being $235 + shipping after adding a stainless pear link. this sounds strange, but I'm glad that I paid a higher price by dealing direct with newtribe.

one advantage ordering directly from newtribe is ability to customize your saddle. besides the stainless link added, I went with a different size leg loop (after giving waist & leg diameter to newtribe). it's also nice to talk with the actual folks making this super quality made in the USA gear.

very comfortable saddle.... prices are very reasonable compared to other saddles equal in quality. note generous size of leg supports.

tengu%20front.gif

All depends on your climbing style, if you do a lot of long air routes (feet off the tree) or long hang times the NT Tengu gets a very high comfort rating, the price is right at Wesspur.

I've put many hours on my Tengu, it's durable and versatile for DRT or SRT. I climbed a Butterfly II before the Tengu.
-moss

Last edited:
New Tribe Saddle

Yea, we're normally looking for working saddles. We've talked about a rec climbing product line, and that looks like it would be a good candidate. We're already looking into it. I suppose that's why the Tree Flex didn't take off like we hoped it would. It's comfortable as they come, but I don't know if it has enough practical applications for the working climber...

I think the TreeFlex is a bit pricey for a rec climber. Many work climbers use it though.
-moss

Yea, we're normally looking for working saddles. We've talked about a rec climbing product line, and that looks like it would be a good candidate. We're already looking into it. I suppose that's why the Tree Flex didn't take off like we hoped it would. It's comfortable as they come, but I don't know if it has enough practical applications for the working climber...

Tree Flex $379

$379 is our sale price right now on the Tree Flex for those rec or working climbers who want to give it a try or get a spare - it's $100 off. It's good trough the end of May. Here is the direct link to it:
http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?skw=tree+flex&PageNo=1&x=0&y=0

Those undecideds who need to try it first - Be gentle when you get it, as long as it's like new you can return for a 100% refund. That's our policy on every product we sell.

Latest posts

Back