ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Most dangerous dogs to children.

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TRTermite

TRTermite ArboristSite Operative

What did he do with the rest of the Bike? Sorry could't resist

lone wolf likes this.
  2. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

Any dog can be aggressive but my vote goes to the pit bull. Not because there mean aggressive dogs. Fact is many of them are very nice dogs, but!! Pits were bread to be bull baiters and to be fearless and very powerful. Many other breads are also very powerful dogs but most were not bread to be fighting dogs and lack the gamey characteristics that come with the pit bread. I'm not hating on the pit, they just don't belong in a house with children and if your pit does bite someone, good luck winning a law suit. I've had pits and no, the way there raised does not guaranty they will be trust worthy. It's in the DNA and no amount of training or love can change that. You can breed it out of them but then they are no longer pits. The biggest problem with pits is there power and how much damage they can do very quickly.

3. fl cracker

fl cracker Addicted to ArboristSite

Mmmmkay
    @Blue Oaks. Is that even a word?also if thread Is about what dog bites the most then why are you talking about your personal dogs as well. So you can get off topic of the thread but I can't Sounds like a double standard to me. Just aasking for a friend thanx

4. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Get this through your heads it can be any dog that bites . Toy breeds cant kill kids so we don't have to worry about a Yorkie or such! Any dog that is not socialized and mean or just nuts or was never taught anything can be dangerous if brought home ! You have to know what you are dealing with and how to deal with it. Sure Pits are capable biters! But so are lots of other dogs! I know plenty that will bite Rott,Shepherd,Bulldog,Presa,Corso,Bull Mastiff,Dane,the list goes on! You cant make a judgement from one case about all of them! I would warn you any dog that is an adult and wasn't with kids brought home is suspect!

5. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Its fine to talk about his personal dogs I do it you do it lets see pics of all of them!

6. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

IMG_1748.JPG
    Eat pits for breakfast.

lone wolf likes this.
  7. fl cracker

I agree but he stated to me that this thread is about
    I disagree with you every pit I've ever had or been around loves children in fact the one. I have now will pull and go nuts to go be with children they were called nanny dogs for a reason. With all do respect people like you need to be educated about the breed. Here is some pics of a vicious pit around a child. I guarantee if you show aggression toward my child. Or any this dog will get you. Every time I have had issues at dog park it's the little dogs that start the trouble and actually the pits are the better behaved of any. that one picture is a 6 month old baby and my dog is just sitting there licking her feet and never tried and knows not to jump on that couch. All she wanted to do is love on that baby girl

Attached Files:

ChipsFlyin likes this.
  8. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Would you bring a strange male pit home that ghetto rats used for fighting and put it with your kids? I have rescued those too and let me tell you something you better be careful and know what you are doing!

9. fl cracker

You indirectly stated what I've been saying. The dog gets a bad rap cuz of media and ghetto people doing mean bad things to them. It's not the dog. Or the breed it's the 2 leg animal on the other end of leash that's the problem.

10. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Thats one point yes . If the dog only knows one thing and is used for that and treated that way that's what you may get with a strange one. IDK I can deal with many types of dogs here you just got to be careful.

11. fl cracker

That's with any dog. Look a cockers you really have to watch them around kids. My wife had a west highland terrier that bit my daughter when she waz less then 2 and bit holes in her arm it wasn't the pit bull. The pit bull came in and jumped on that westy after that dog bit my kid. The pit was protecting her.

lone wolf likes this.
  12. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Most aggressive dog I have ever met toward other dogs is the Akita. Stunningly beautiful animals with the nicest coat I have ever felt on a dog. They just have a tomcat personally with other dogs but are reported to be excellent around children.

The most aggressive dogs I have ever seen toward humans are ex-police dogs, especially ones that are older and get a bit mushy in the cabeza. Those things were like a powder keg giving off sparks. Yikes!

fl cracker likes this.
  13. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

Actually I think we should start another thread, which kids are dangerous to be around dogs?:surprised3:

Woodchuck71, lone wolf and fl cracker like this.
  14. fl cracker

Best answer

farmer steve and lone wolf like this.
  15. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

The little kids that take bones from the dog!

16. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Aint interesting enough to last more than a day or so !

fl cracker and farmer steve like this.
  17. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

I had a Shepherd like that it took me 1 month of work to be able to pet him I was bit in the hand hard once! After a month of work I finally made friends with him.

fl cracker and farmer steve like this.
  18. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

Look you can post all the pics of pits loving on there kids all you want and you can stick your head in the sand and ignore the truth. I have seen things and been a victim of dog bites and attacks and probably know more about it the you give me credit for.
    I have owned 4 or 5 pits myself and have had many friends own them. So I'm speaking from personal experience. I have seen loving pits that would be considered kid friendly because they were raised with kids, snap and attack there own owners kids. I have a couzen have her ear torn off by her pit when she was 10 years old. When I was a kid i was riding my horse with a group of friends and my horse was attacked by a friends pit (took over 400 stitches) to put that horse back together. I had a pit that I was training and was great with kids and played with them all the time, all of the sudden out of nowhere tried to attack a kid. That same pit also killed a friends little shitsue when we visited there house. I have also seen them use as hog hunting dogs and I have seen there power and how fast they can rip a wild hogs leg rite off in just a few bites. All these dogs were child friendly and no one would have thought they could or would do what they did.
    I have seen a pit attack a 150.000 dollar show horse and 6 grown men could not make that dog let go of the horse and had to be shot and killed in order to get the dog loose from the horse. So get off your high horse and your head out of the sand. Pits are not kid dogs. Sure most have no issues with them, including myself, but I have also seen the other side and trust me, you don't want that to happen and I hope it never happens to you or anyone else.
    I didn't just pick the pit for no reason, I have plenty of experience with that breed.
    You said it yourself that you have seen pits be loving dogs and I don't doubt that, but you have been lucky and not seen the horror side of the breed.
    Most dog bites are a nip and they let go. Pits can lock on and there power and the way they feed off a child's screaming make the dog even more aggressive and continue there attack. There game dogs and there not your normal dog. Trust me, been there done that.
    Don't even try to blame the owners and how they were raised. Pits are just too powerful and to unpredictable to be kid digs.

Husky Man, Blue Oaks and farmer steve like this.
  19. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Rip a wild hog leg off in a couple of bites?? Really? A pitbull is just a dog. It’s not some sort of magic ninja of the dog world. Nothing tougher than a pig hide.

I have been bit by many a dog. Most were no big deal. Worst/most painful bite was from blue and gold macaw. Got me in the meat of my left hand right below my pinky finger. If you had put my hand in a vice and crushed it flat it probably would have been less painful.

20. fl cracker

Buddy had a red red nose l8ke that after months of talking to her and feeding her she let me in her circle

lone wolf likes this.