ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Most dangerous dogs to children.

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Jan 12, 2019.

1. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

Yes they are that powerful, and some other breeds are also very powerful. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have a family member that is big on hog hunting and I have gone hunting with them many times. He mostly uses Plots and catahoula cow dogs but he did use pits for awhile. The difference in the way each dog hunts and bays a hog is quite different. Plots and cow dogs will surround a bayed pig and the dogs will only come for the attack from behind. As soon as the hog spins around, the dog will let go and another dog will come in from behind and take a bite. Pits! There is no strategy with this breed, they all dive in head first no mater witch way the hog is looking. I have seen many a pit get ripped wide open by the tusk because they want to latch on and lock on and not let go. So you have been bit. Most dogs don't bit to there full potential. Even when your playing with a dog and they start biting harder then you would like and you correct the dog, there just play biting you. One of my pits found a turttle in the yard one day and he crushed the shell with his powerful jaws with no problem. You may think you have been bitten before but chances are the dog didn't bite you as hard as they are capable of.

2. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

And you better know what you are doing and be able to handle one if you have one the same goes for many dogs! People are stupid by letting these things happen . You should not let dangerous dogs get loose!

3. sb47

Most people are lucky have never been exposed to what can really happen. When you witness it in real life and see what can happen several times, you learn to have more respect and think about things differently.

lone wolf likes this.
  4. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

It sure is un nerving when one you dont know is right up next to you and starting to get weird!

5. sb47

lol....I've had dogs for all my life. Lost of dogs. I never get nervous around dogs or any other animals for that mater. I've been bit a few times and never by a pit. Most bites are the small yep yap dogs. It doesn't mater the breed or size, I just never had a fear of dogs. In fact I have friends with dogs that say I'm the only one that there dog will treat me like a family member. Dogs are great companions for sure.
    You don't have to be mean to a dog or even raise your voice at them to get them to do what you want. It's more the tone of your voice, not the volume. What ever pitch your voice is, just drop it an octave and they will respond to you much better then yelling at them.

Duce and lone wolf like this.
  6. fl cracker

fl cracker Addicted to ArboristSite

I used to hog hunt you need curs to trail and bay and a pit to catch and every pit I had was a hog catching sob but wouldn't touch another dog, child, cat farm animal possum or armodillo cuz id beat there ass. Curs arw need for that reason to herd cattle thru the scrubs and have a better nose then a pit. Any true hog dog man has a catch dog and a couple good trail dogs.

lone wolf likes this.
  7. sb47

Yeah, there was a mix of breeds he used. He has his own kennel with about 40 runs so he keeps lots of dogs.

lone wolf likes this.
  8. fl cracker

Been there done that. It didn't take long to figure out I only needed 3 dogs 2 trail and one catch. Screw all them feed bills and vet bils

lone wolf likes this.
  9. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

While you can’t believe everything, you read on the internet, you need to do a little more homework and lay off the peyote. Most sources lists pits jaw strength as being just above that of a human. F=MA and they just don’t have the snot. Just how many turtles did you crunch today??

https://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Which_Dog_Breed_Has_the_Strongest_Jaw

10. fl cracker

You are right a Doberman or Shepard was all most twice as high as a pits

11. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Damn fools everybody knows a Wolf has the most powerful bite!

sb47 likes this.
  12. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

sb47 and fl cracker like this.
  13. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

I call BS on that whole thing lets see you hang on a rope for a good while with your teeth! all those posted numbers are a joke! It varies tremendously based on the size of the dog the bread and the head size! If you dont think they could crunch a turtle you are a fool!

sb47 and fl cracker like this.
  14. fl cracker

Screenshot_2019-04-10-21-53-25.png Screenshot_2019-04-10-21-53-16.png Screenshot_2019-04-10-21-53-11.png Screenshot_2019-04-10-21-53-06.png Screenshot_2019-04-10-21-53-03.png here is my chocolate red nose she will hang for 10 to 15 min snatching and swinging on her spring pole and will get 4 ft of jump

sb47 and lone wolf like this.
  15. sb47

I believe what my eyes see. The saying goes, "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" But I have seen my pit destroy a large snapping turtle shell with his bite. He had to work at it and it didn't crunch like a potato chip, but none the less he did it. Statistics are only as good as the information they used. There are many breeds that have a powerful bite but only one that can lock them. One of my pits could hang on a rope for 30 min.

lone wolf likes this.
  16. sb47

fl cracker and lone wolf like this.
  17. grizz55chev

grizz55chev Tree Freak

Dingo’s should be in there.

18. sb47

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the breed. Like I said, I've had 4 or 5 of them myself and they can be great dogs. However thats the only breed you will see news reports on where the dog or pack of dogs that have maled someone to death.
    They are not a dog to have with little children around. I would prefer if people have children they not have a pit. There are plenty of other breeds more suitable when kids are around. I switched to the boxer breed witch has the same body type as a pit only with a smaller jaw muscles and a shorter snout. The boxer is an awesome breed, They are so proud of themselves they almost dance when the walk or run. There very gentle with children as well and very smart and easy to train.

19. fl cracker

Pits don't travel in packs most pits are dog aggressive and I see that crap on the news 95 per ent of the time it's not even a full blooded pit. It's same crap media does with gun violence. Do you ever here of a good guy with gun stopping a street thug or an armed intruder with a gun? Same thing with pits in the 90s media was all over rottys in 80s it was Doberman

lone wolf likes this.
  20. sb47

You are rite, pits do get unfairly blamed a lot. And your rite about them being dog aggressive, but they can also be animal aggressive. I call that being gammy. But I disagree about them not traveling in packs. The problem with pits is the way people breed them. Just like any breed, proper breeding and training is everything if you want a quality dog.