ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Most dangerous dogs to children.

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Jan 12, 2019.

1. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Look, it’s hard to argue with science. Now you want to be ACO class stupid, go for it. To crunch turtle and rip a hog leg off in three bites, you would need crocodilian class strength and size. They are just little dogs with a pump handle for a tail and a red nose. They are not Jurassic park. They get a bad rap because the media has classified them as the assault rifle of the dog world. Truth is… they are just a little dog. You want to believe the lie, I can’t help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqBd1k6GV0

2. hanniedog

hanniedog Addicted to ArboristSite

The first Boxer I back in 1987 was hell on wheels. Named her after Josey Wales and like him if she took a dislike to something it weren't around for long. Saw her run full bore into the neighbors Dobie using her chest as a battering ram. Knocked that dog ass over tin cups. But when it came to children she always kept her distance. It was like she knew that they were fragile and could be hurt easily.

lone wolf likes this.
  3. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Boxers seem very good with kids from the ones I have seen.

4. ktmtigger

ktmtigger ArboristSite Member

Out of the 20 something pits that have come through my life not a one had any problem with kids. Cats and squirrels yes but not kids. My last two helped my little one learn to walk. And my nephew had his hand ripped apart to the point of needing multiple surgeries by a little westie[​IMG]

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

5. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

Look, if you seen a dog crush a turtle shell, would you then believe what I said? I have seen it with my own eyes. I stuud right there and watched it. So your saying because of some web statistics that I imagined the whole thing?

lone wolf likes this.
  6. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Dont bother !!!!!!!!!!

7. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

No one is hating on the breed here. No one has said there bad dogs, and no one said they can't and are not good dogs. I have never been bitten by a pit, been bitten by other breeds but never a pit. But I have also seen the results when people do get bit and pits can do some serious damage when they do. I wouldn't trust them as a kid dog, even though they can be as gentile as any other breed.

8. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Look back at this https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...s-and-should-require-a-license-to-own.327914/

9. gary courtney

gary courtney Addicted to ArboristSite

I hear stories like this quite often. Spent 25 years in the fire service and 99% dog related calls were pit/pit crosses. Our police department responded to a pit with a 12 month old in it's jaws in the backyard. The officer had to shoot the dog with the baby in it's mouth. The first words out of the owners mouth was a scene like your picture.Just sayin.

10. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

The kid live?

11. CentaurG2

We had a rescue boxer. When we got him he was rail thin and anemic. I had never seen a dog with gums so white. Turned out to be a good dog. Would I have trusted him around kids? No.

12. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Hookworms will do that. I am pressed to trust any dog that was brought in from who knows where!

13. gary courtney

gary courtney Addicted to ArboristSite

14. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Oh good.

15. CentaurG2

The boxer was a sob sorry. His owner died and somehow the dog got locked in the basement and they forgot about him. How long he was down there is unknown but they found him after the dog snapped the horn off the water meter and flooded the basement. He was a good dog but he had one big flaw. He was super possessive of his food. He would tool anyone or anything that went near his bowl when he was eating.

stihlaficionado and lone wolf like this.
  16. 92utownxh

92utownxh ArboristSite Operative

I'll jump in here. I grew up with Labs. They were the most gentle calm dogs I've ever seen. We also had a Border Collie that knew our property and was very protective. Sweet as can be to us, but as he got older he wouldn't let anyone our porch that he didn't know.

We've dog sat a few dogs the last few years. A couple were German Shepards, one so sweet and gentle, the other was a terror. It all had to do with the owner and what they did. The sweet one was trained and socialized. The terror was not trained much and she let the dog run the house. He would bark at anything, pull a leash like crazy, started a fight with one of our dogs, and was very food aggressive. We don't watch him anymore. He respected me, but not even his owner. Another dog was a midsized mutt. She was very sweet and loving, but she was also very food aggressive.

We do have 2 pits now. They are both very sweet dogs, both fixed, one male and one female. The older male is very calm and sweet. He does walk away when he doesn't want to be around the kids. The 2 year old female is a giant lap dog. Very sweet, smart. She lets the kids climb all over here and she loves them back. These 2 dogs definitely changed my opinion of the breed. They can be sweet dogs. Both of these dogs are great with our goats and chickens too. They are with the chickens all the time in the yard and the dogs could care less. The dogs love the goats too.

Our neighbor, luckily he's moving, has some bulldogs and a great dane. I hate the great dane. He's very skiddish of me, he's killed chickens, he barks a ton, and I don't trust him for a minute. I'm kind of friends with the owner or this dog wouldn't still be around. I've caught him trying to get in by the goats too, to chase. Luckily, our electric fences are HOT and he doesn't go near anymore.

I would never leave young kids with any dog unattended. Any dog can get stressed, scared, or just want space. A lot of times they give warning signs. We've talked to our UPS driver and FedEx driver about our dogs. They both absolutely love our dogs and rub all over them. They both give treats too. One of our pits will jump in the truck with them and want to go for a ride. Both drivers have said the worst dogs and only dogs that have bit them are small yappy dogs. They said those dogs are terrible, mean, and unpredictable.

I think breed does play in some, but it's also how it's raised, handled and trained.

17. full chizel

full chizel ArboristSite Operative

They’re all sweet.....until they’re not

TimberMcPherson likes this.
  18. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Like some people.