Most popular little Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
it seems to me it might be the Husqvarna 350. There seems to be many for sale. What do you say.

Question, why play with a small cc husky when the 266/268 will surpass the smaller saws.

Yes probably the 350 family.

Because 266/268 are heavy and often people want a lighter more nimble saw.

I purchased the 2100cd first which I ran most of the time. I never had a problem with the weight of the heavier saw. I liked the faster cutting speed. When I got the 266 I liked it too. A 266 is heavy? Lol

Yes probably the 350 family.

Because 266/268 are heavy and often people want a lighter more nimble saw.

I guess that "Heavy" is a Relative term, for about 25 years my 23 Compact, and 266XP were my 2 saw plan, heck i didn't even KNOW that I had a 2 saw Plan;)

I cut a LOT with my "Old Reliable" 266XP, never thought one way or the other about it, it was what it was.

Then I got my 3120XP, and learned what a "HEAVY SAW" was, after that my 266 seemed like a featherweight, and dayumed Nimble.

Well, I kept hearing guys talkin up the 50cc class saws, and picked up a 353 in really nice shape, WOW:surprised3:, I had No Idea just how much I "Needed" a Good 50cc saw, so much that I added a 550XP (OE) as well

I don't beat around the bush, or even TRY to Deny my CAD, but I find it is Nice to have the "Right" saw at hand for whatever task I am doing, and I have a saw for almost any task, from limbing to milling, and there are still a few left that I "NEED":laughing:

"Hi, I'm Doug, and I have a Problem"

"My Budget and Garage are too SMALL":D

Doug :cheers:

Would have to be the 36 over here, truck loads of those wee homeowner saws sold like hotcakes.
They were orange (some orange and black) and had the same stickers that real saws had (except the XP and professional ones) at a fraction of the price.
So rose pruners and the like could make believe they were loggers when they were at the pub because they owned a Husqvarna saw.

I purchased the 2100cd first which I ran most of the time. I never had a problem with the weight of the heavier saw. I liked the faster cutting speed. When I got the 266 I liked it too. A 266 is heavy? Lol
Try carrying a 266 several miles while cutting limbs off of hiking trails and tell me it’s the optimum tool for the job.

it seems to me it might be the Husqvarna 350. There seems to be many for sale. What do you say.

Question, why play with a small cc husky when the 266/268 will surpass the smaller saws.
350 is likely the most popular homeowner saw of that time. 346xp most popular pro saw.

Your other question doesn't make sense? Why are you playing with a 350 when you have a 266?

This is not much Husqvarna country but I'd say 120, 135 and 130 roughly in that order. They have periodical big sales (40% and more off) on those smaller saws and shift tons of them in that timeframe.
Not bad saws for the average homeowner, not bad at all, and differently from the Chicom specials spare parts are easily available, but they are probably the most common casualties of oxygenated fuel being left in the saw for months to an end. Husqvarna must be making a fortune selling fuel lines, carburettor rebuild kits etc for those little clamshells.

My 350 with a/m cylinder and piston is the best, most versatile saw I’ve owned to date. it sure has exceeded what I expected of it.
Iall take it over the 4** series saws any day.

I think OP sometimes just posts to make conversation even though he already knows the answer.

Not really since the only husky smaller saws I’ve run is the ‘70’s all metal pro husky 240sg and my new 353 that’s not broken in yet. Haven’t run my 346’s or 350’s. I been eyeing a new husky 543xp. For the collection. Probably my last brand new husky saw.

Not really since the only husky smaller saws I’ve run is the ‘70’s all metal pro husky 240sg and my new 353 that’s not broken in yet. Haven’t run my 346’s or 350’s. I been eyeing a new husky 543xp. For the collection. Probably my last brand new husky saw.
Bill, if you ever run a well ported 346xp you will understand the how & why of a smaller saw.

If you include cost a 350 is hard to beat with the metal intake clamp and the muffler studs torqued when hot. A 346 has a little better chain speed and trigger response, but not worth the 2 1/2 times the cost over a 350. Husqvarna really had a nice saw with the 350 if they would have OEM installed the metal intake clamp and secured the muffler better. THe 435, 440, 445, 450, 455, 460 family is a POS compared to them.

The 543xp isn’t a true XP. It’s a Redmax.

Back