Most profit in a day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannytreeLLC

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Had my best profit day on Thursday. After all expenses and paying my tree jockeys I cleared $11,670. Before this, my best profit day was literally half that. Now, every day isn’t like that- wish it was. But sometimes you get one of those days and man it feels great

Had my best profit day on Thursday. After all expenses and paying my tree jockeys I cleared $11,670. Before this, my best profit day was literally half that. Now, every day isn’t like that- wish it was. But sometimes you get one of those days and man it feels great
25 years old, $11K a day but average is around $5K.

a day

every day

and half sundays too.

I have a small tree business, three employees, revenue about $300K a year . After labor, insurance, comp, repairs, maintenance, storage, rent, utilities, taxes, depreciation, advertising, and a bunch of other crap my accountant tells me about, and accountant fees, I profit $25,000, with no payroll for myself.

The real money is in line clearance. Yes other areas have higher margins, but for consistency and contracts that are several weeks, line clearance

A few days this year around 6k. One did not include a crane.

I'm interested in the details of a 12k day. Did you use multiple crews or stacked a few nice jobs? How many men and what equipment did you use?

Most days my 3-4 man crew makes 2-3k. I'm actually doing better per day out here in rural PA than when I was in Los Angeles.

Congrats on the awesome day!

Why’d you put the pusher axle in the middle rather than the rear? You’d have a better turn with it in the rear.

I wanted the body to be relatively flush with the back so as to not jackknife my chipper, trailers, etc, so that’s what Southco recommended. Tailswing is another thing to consider when towing (don’t want it to be like a school bus). Not sure how strong the hitch would be with that much frame sticking out past the wheels either. I think the hinge-point is stronger this way too. I guess you can’t have it all.

Huge line clearance project, we worked around 14-15 hours. Also included one side project where A residential nearby had us clear some trees. We subcontracted with two services to provide chipping and hauling, as well as an additional climbing crew. Plus my guys. With the recent storms, the utilities around here have been increasing their guidelines on distance maintained between lines and forest encroachment. We serve the suburban/ semi rural areas outside Kansas City

Back