Motor oil logs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkcloud

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well kinda, saw a guy on YouTube mixing burnt oil with sawdust, packing it in boxes and burning them in his heater.. ?? Any of you ever done this in a owb?

Good lord..... no

No

No

I am by NO MEANS a supporter of the EPA. But that is dared right terrible. New unused Motor oil is full of heavy metals. And used motor oil is full of even more.
That is floating around in the air around you house. Trust me from experience. Just because the smoke is going up does not mean that everything else is going up with it.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pot burner is designed to burn crap fuel ,cleaner the fuel better the burn ,burning used oil in a non designed for the purpose is a NO NO Messy incomplete combustion, toxic fumes, etc. I wouldn't but if you proceed be extremely careful

Hmn couple shops around here are heated with waste oil. Always wondered how that ever got to be a thing.
because for an auto shop who has to pay for heat and pay for oil disposal it makes sense to get free heat and not to pay for haul away of waste oil .

how it works is filters pull everything down to about 5 micron then the oil is pre heated then it is put in a burn pot under pressure at a controlled flow , very similar to a #2 oil furnace but with pre heaters to make the oil ready to burn it is intensely hot and a heat exchange pulls the heat. but the fuel is being controlled flow into the burn chamber for complete combustion.

a box of saw dust and oil is going to be slow to get going then go all at once the OWB is going to get hot then damper down killing the air to the fire creating incomplete burn making horrible noxious smoke.

Well kinda, saw a guy on YouTube mixing burnt oil with sawdust, packing it in boxes and burning them in his heater.. ?? Any of you ever done this in a owb?
Is that the person that is causing townships to ban owb's? Does he also burn his garbage, tires, railroad ties and treated lumber, just so he can piss his neighbors off?

I live in Redneck country......we use burnt motor oil to paint barns, treat wood, lots of people I know add it to oil furnaces.

I'm older now and recycle :D

Is that the person that is causing townships to ban owb's? Does he also burn his garbage, tires, railroad ties and treated lumber, just so he can piss his neighbors off?
With the present day attitude of as long it suits me I don't give a toss what inconvenience it causes other i'm not at all suprised then when it gets stomped on they lay the blame on others

That's what you get when good education comes at a hefty price.
Just wondering, I know this would not even be debatable in Europe, but how do Canadians deal with these issues?
(I realize the answer could undermine my first statement).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's what you get when good education comes at a hefty price.
Just wondering, I know this would not even be debatable in Europe, but how do Canadians deal with these issues?
(I realize the answer could undermine my first statement).

Are you saying that a good /costly education is required to produce a considerate /caring attitude?I am 83 years young & a great grandad & would consider us a mid family wealth/education wise & i like to think we would help any folk in trouble if we could I'm a firm believer in courtesy/tolerance is started & continued in the home children leaning from their parents & so onif for the want of a better description a father has a "yobbish" attitude any sons stand a greater chance to be similar from the ones Iv'e met I fear that in all walks of life self to the detriment of others is much more common no matter the degree of education If this is in correct please explain

Sorry, I was far to bold.
I didn't intend to insult anybody.
My thought went to a Texan (Redneck?) Family I met in the Rockies.
They home schooled their 12 year old, but couldn't remember when the last time was since he would throw a fit when someone botherd him when he was on the playstation (which was his fulltime job).
Compair that to any European country where 100% of the children get the same good to great education including enviroment, selfawareness, independant thinking etc etc. courses. In the Netherlands since 1900.
So I am not trying to say that because of the US educational system everybody is retarded. Just that it leaves room for people to go trough life without propper education even for several generations.

Sorry, I was far to bold.
I didn't intend to insult anybody.
My thought went to a Texan (Redneck?) Family I met in the Rockies.
They home schooled their 12 year old, but couldn't remember when the last time was since he would throw a fit when someone botherd him when he was on the *********** (which was his fulltime job).
Compair that to any European country where 100% of the children get the same good to great education including enviroment, selfawareness, independant thinking etc etc. courses. In the Netherlands since 1900.
So I am not trying to say that because of the US educational system everybody is retarded. Just that it leaves room for people to go trough life without propper education even for several generations.

Being a Brit but having worked/lived in UK ,Canada ,US, & various European countries & now residing in France I find to a greater extent the family/children are an inclusive group in Europe Evening meals /restaurants etc.the complete family +dog are welcomed unlike some UK pubs that are adult only & in the US the trend of child minders is greater I fear the need /desire for wealth over rides the next generations needs in some cases I may be wrong but the last stay in the US it seemed children to some families were more of a fashion statement weather by accident or design I know not

Being a Brit but having worked/lived in UK ,Canada ,US, & various European countries & now residing in France I find to a greater extent the family/children are an inclusive group in Europe Evening meals /restaurants etc.the complete family +dog are welcomed unlike some UK pubs that are adult only & in the US the trend of child minders is greater I fear the need /desire for wealth over rides the next generations needs in some cases I may be wrong but the last stay in the US it seemed children to some families were more of a fashion statement weather by accident or design I know not
And a way to generate income through our welfare system! But to the point, DO NOT BURN WASTE OIL IN OWB'S PERIOD, others would like to continue burning seasoned firewood.

Interesting point of view.
And how where the Canadians in that regard?
In the US I got the feeling like the main consensus whas that the US is to large to be poluted.
I've seen that kind of stuff everywhere, like engineoil on fires, trucks that spew sud for fun, outside lights and ventilators that stay on 24/7 even in winter during the day, frakking plants all over Colorado. If such a things happened in the Netherlands even the Italians would protest.
Canada is even thinner spread with people. But the few Canadians I've met had a more European standard.

Back