motorized log cart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an Earthquake earth auger engine dirt cheap last year. Cheap being the operative word.
Haven't tried starting it yet........crossing fingers.
I think a snowblower chassis / drive axle wouldn't survive very long, but I dunno. The axle's I've seen seemed like they were only 5/8" dia, running through flimsy bronze bushings.

Treevet - do you find you are getting good use / a lot of use out of the Stein arbor trolley?
I have read all the glowing reviews on that thing, and seen it at Expo, but I'm still on the fence.
Plus, it wouldn't be usable for the monster chunks that the motorized cart is shown moving.

Edited cause another thought popped up in my little brain.
We use it sometimes on a daily basis. Its great for brush and sometimes when we don't have enough stuff we forget about the Dingo and use it for logs. We break it down and store it in the passenger side of the chip truck. It is heavier than you expect even broken down but I am very happy with the purchase. Just don't let em try to sell you the aired tires instead of the solid ones most people get. It took me forever to embarass them into sending me the solid ones and it costs a lot to have the aired ones filled.

You can actually get more small dia. logs on the dolley than you can in the mouth of the grapple so we sometimes fill it up and tow it with the dingo. When you get to the chipper/truck...just tip it over after removing the prongs. I also use it to carry my gas compressor when spraying equipment. DSCF1012.JPG

MAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Just looking at that pic makes me sic. Groing up, wurkin fur big brodder, building custom homes, he made me do all the hard ****. Like tug one of those things up to the second deck so we could use less air lines to shoot down a roof. And those bastards are heavy (keep in mind I weighed about 95lbs in school) That was hard enough, but draggin that thing over freshly dug and dried huge chunks of clay when getting ready to put a cap on a foundation REALLY sucked! I wanted things to be easy, so I quit and joined the Marines, LOL. That thing would have been a godsend!

I take my mini on about 90% of jobs and when I dont I wish I did.

I have my mini on a trailer with my tracked mini stumper all the time so always one or the other or both is getting used on a td. A nice medium size td is I drive the chip truck and chipper. They drive the pickup with dump insert. Knock the tree. Stumper comes off and he does it after chipping. I load the wood into the dump insert so he doesn't dent the sides of the pickup. Go back to lot and drop the trailer and then dump the logs.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Just looking at that pic makes me sic. Groing up, wurkin fur big brodder, building custom homes, he made me do all the hard ****. Like tug one of those things up to the second deck so we could use less air lines to shoot down a roof. And those bastards are heavy (keep in mind I weighed about 95lbs in school) That was hard enough, but draggin that thing over freshly dug and dried huge chunks of clay when getting ready to put a cap on a foundation REALLY sucked! I wanted things to be easy, so I quit and joined the Marines, LOL. That thing would have been a godsend!

That thing is a load and a half.

Back