Motorproblems on Stihl MS 250 C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was bored and tried to draw it....hope it makes sense :happy:

Red dont use, green use....connects to the green circle left (nipple or hole) side of drawing

View attachment 840616

Hi again
Regarding your drawing.
Do you want me to connect item 17 to hose 21 ?
For me the hose 21 is the fuel pipe from the tank to the carburettor.

Hi again
Regarding your drawing.
Do you want me to connect item 17 to hose 21 ?
For me the hose 21 is the fuel pipe from the tank to the carburettor.

Hi.
No the fuel line is much thicker and comes up from underneath the carburator. You cant mistake it.

The thinner hose connects from the nipple or hole right next to the carburator, left side, and goes to the tank vent, its the black round thingy to the right of the carburator.

I just rewatched your video.

That is not a stihl ms250 saw.

Its a stihl ms251 ("edited" or...a new MS250 C-BE, with ergo weird pull start, I guess :dumb:)

which means i'm guiding you via the wrong IPL and thus it makes no sense for you.
It's a vastly different setup that saw has :)

I just rewatched your video.

That is not a stihl ms250 saw.

Its a stihl ms251

which means i'm guiding you via the wrong IPL and thus it makes no sense for you.
It's a vastly different setup that saw has :)

Why is it marked MS-250 ?
This is confusing.

Why is it marked MS-250 ?
This is confusing.

could you take a picture of the intake part of the saw? With or without the carburator mounted.

I have never seen a 250 with soft start like that, and the curves are rounded on the starter side, it surely looks like a 251 in my view. I might be wrong though.

A few pictures of the intake part if you can, please, maybe we can guide you to put the hoses etc. :)

May have jumped the gun on the 251 part, it does have the flat top cover, and not a rounded on as the 251 has.

I guess I just havent seen a MS250 C-BE with Ergostart (perhaps that is why the starter side is rounded and not flat as the old MS250)....only had MS250s from before 2010.

Anyhow, we still need pictures to guide the hoses in place :)

Here is a picture of the older style Tank vent, I belive yours is a rubber grommet and a hose, that leads to the black round tank vent on the right side, instead of the "nipple" and hose like this picture.

The fuel line that feeds the carburator is a thicker hose underneath the carb.

Attachments

• 20160603_214731.jpg
    20160603_214731.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 6
new tank vent....this is the one you have, I would bet.

Attachments

• IMG_0669_28765x102429.jpg
    IMG_0669_28765x102429.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 7
This is the fuel hose, as you can see, it's not a regular slim hose. :)

Attachments

• 1123-358-7703.jpg
    1123-358-7703.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
It's been a long time since I had time to work on my chain saw.
However GOOD NEWS.
It runs perfect with the new carburetor.
I disconnected the trust bulb and it started quite easy anyway and runs smoothly without stopping.
So either it was the carburetor that caused the problem or it was the gasket between the carb and the sylinder inlet.

So now it stands beween disconnecting the trust devise permanently or try to find the correct carb again.
The new carb has different spacing betwwn the H and L adjustments so the holes and rubber giudings will not match.

Thats the best news you could Hope for!
A defectice carburator is more or less the most common issue these days, and they can make so many weird issues.

If its just for own use, and you have made it fit etc. I Would say close it up and start sawing. :chainsaw:

Its not like you have to adjust L and H that often, leave it for now and enjoy sawing again, in my opinion.

The new carb has different spacing betwwn the H and L adjustments so the holes and rubber giudings will not match.
There are different carb screw grommets available for different carb models Walbro vs. Zama. Check the MS250 IPL for part numbers...

Attachments

• Stihl MS 210 IPL 07-2004.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Ahhh....I forgot about that ferry.
No....I live in Sandefjord which is the closest town to Larvik were the Color Line Super Speed goes from
Just as a side note, Sandefjord is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. Back in 1969, I was in an Airborne brigade with the US army stationed in Mainz, W. Germany. We parachuted into Sandefjord onto Torp airfield which at the time was just a single runway and a taxiway along side. Now it's an International Airport. The countryside is superb along with the people who are very nice.

I need a little help from my friends :)

See the attached picture.
The items marked with blue is now removed which leave me with an open end on the Y-connection marked with an arrow.
Any clue on how to seal this unused opening to prevent fuel to get out and into the saw engine ?
Use glue ? Or what do you think ?

like this_LI.jpg

Dont use the Y connection?
Just have a single hose go to the tank breather?
The primer bulp can just sit in place for cosmetics but dont attach anything to it.

Just as a side note, Sandefjord is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. Back in 1969, I was in an Airborne brigade with the US army stationed in Mainz, W. Germany. We parachuted into Sandefjord onto Torp airfield which at the time was just a single runway and a taxiway along side. Now it's an International Airport. The countryside is superb along with the people who are very nice.

Thank you for your kind words RipRap.
Yes I agree :) :) For me Sandefjord is a nice town to live and grow up in.
I am borned here and was 11 years when you parachuted onto Torp.
By the way I have been working on Torp the last year. Just a short contract which was ended this summer.
It has been the best place I have worked. So nice people from the top leaders to ground floor people.

Welcome back if you have the chance.

Petter

Dont use the Y connection?
Just have a single hose go to the tank breather?
The primer bulp can just sit in place for cosmetics but dont attach anything to it.

Yes I understand....why did I not think about this :)
I will see if I can do this. If the tank breather fits in with this shorter hose connection.
I think it will do :)

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back