Motorproblems on Stihl MS 250 C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need the chain saw pretty soon so I might just buy a new one and use the old one as my hobby project.
Anyway I have learned a lot about chain saws by this and I will not give up :)

I need the chain saw pretty soon so I might just buy a new one and use the old one as my hobby project.
Anyway I have learned a lot about chain saws by this and I will not give up :)

I will my Danish friend.

Good night.

This would be my choice, I trust CTS carb, have been using their parts for a while now.
Just for future projects :cheers:

https://www.amazon.de/Vergaser-021-...placementKeywords=stihl+ms250+vergaser&sr=8-1

Hello MartDalb

I have recieved the carburettor now but unfortunately it is a wrong type.
However it seems to be excactly the same as the one you recommended and you linked to at Amazone.

The major difference is that there is one nipple missing on the new one compared to the old and the distance between L and H adjustment is different from the old one so that the holes in the orange cover will not match the carburettor.

Below I have pictured the two carburettors. The new one is to the left. Old to the right. (new one has yellow endstopper on H)

20200704_152046.jpg
20200704_152113.jpg
20200704_152321.jpg

aw damn, that really sux! :angry:

I just assumed you had compared the carburator you had and the one you bought.

I can't seem to find any cheap alternatives to the 250C carburator right now, only the model without nipple for the bulb. Ill look around the places I know....

Just to make sure, you mean the "old" zama carburator is the one with the yellow endstop, right?

I can't seem to find any cheap alternatives to the 250C carburator right now, only the model without nipple for the bulb. Ill look around the places I know....

Just to make sure, you mean the "old" zama carburator is the one with the yellow endstop, right?
The new carb that you bought will still work enough to test the saw. However, the carb screw boot won't fit and obviously you won't have the purge bulb functionality.

Yes that is right.
I have found carb for the niøb version but its pretty exåensive-
I will keep looking.

@Penge58
Please read this carefully and answer this. I have to quote myself:

If someone has a question to a problem with his chainsaw or other machine, everyone who would like to have help should be so kind to give right informations about the current situation. That means descriping the problem in detail and importand which machine or model it is, also if possible year of manufacture, serial number and if it is a carb problem, please tell what your current carb is. (exact model description)

With all these informations it is much easier to help and does not take a lot of time for searching information. Thank you.

Testing it with that single "nipple" :crazy: carb is actually not a bad idea...
I might be mistaken, but the only issue should be making sure the "tank vent" is fixed into a hose that fits the vent "nipple" or hole whatever the saw has, and not the "T" piece that splits the hoses to the primerbulb etc. It has been a while since my last 250c but...I pretty sure its doable as SteveSr mentioned.

It's worth considering before spending more money on the saw.

My money is still on that prebuild aftermarket engine, but I hope I am wrong.

Good luck Penge58!! keep us updated :)

I was bored and tried to draw it....hope it makes sense :happy:

Red dont use, green use....connects to the green circle left (nipple or hole) side of drawing

like this.png

I will get a new gasket tomorrow.
The Stihl dealer and service centre is just 5 minutes walk from here :)
I will clean the nipple and carb carefully with compressed air and go through all the hoses.

I will let you know how that goes.

Thank you so far :)

Petter
Don't use compressed air on your carburator,you can destroy sensitive check valves

Back