Mounting pump to engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafirewood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Where does everyone buy there Flex Couplings at for direct drive mounting your pump to the engine? I will be needing 1'' and a 1/2'' and an insert along with a mounting bracket. The price for everything from northern for the couplers would be around $50. Let me know if you know of someplace cheaper.

Northern Tools. Google them, they have an awsome web site. There are also some hydraulic outlets that may have them, do a search on here I can't remeber there names now. Lots of good info on AS just takes time and paitence with the search function.
BTW, they are usually refferd to as "Love Joy" connectors", Dont ask me?
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Northern Tools. Google them, they have an awsome web site. There are also some hydraulic outlets that may have them, do a search on here I can't remeber there names now. Lots of good info on AS just takes time and paitence with the search function.
BTW, they are usually refferd to as "Love Joy" connectors", Dont ask me?
Andy

Agreed, Northern is the cheapest and the best. i bought all of my pump parts from them.......great products. when you buy the "lovejoy" couplers make sur you get one that is the size of your pump shaft and one the size of your engine crankshaft...you will also need a " bushing" for connecting the 2 couplings together. below is the link to their site. hope this helps

northerntool.com

-Mike

You may be able to order them directly from lovejoy. We use them all the time at work. www.lovejoy-inc.com Maybee look on E-Bay or a Equipment scrap yard. Those types of things are all over around Mi with all the industry leaving.
Later

We also use lovejoys alot at work. Lovejoy is just one of the manufacturers there are a few others that I have seen. We get them from our power transmission suppliers at work. I am guessing you should have one locally around you somewhere. I would think you should also be able to get them at a tractor dealer or farm supply store. A spare rubber insert wouldn't be a bad idea to have around, you might want to buy 2, they are usually what goes first on this application. Although I have seen them last a really long time, the few extra dollars will save you a week or so of downtime if it goes bad and you cant get one locally. I have a spare for my splitter in my tool box. If you cant get them locally and save on the shipping my experiences with Northern have always been good.

Good old CT

Good old Central Tractor or TSC as it is now called also has them. If they don't have the size you need, don't ask them because they will tell you they get shipments on Friday and don't know what's on the truck. Lucky for me I had one store 20 miles north and one 20 miles east. I drive past the northern one everyday so I only made one extra trip. I decided to take the wife along and took her to Long John Silvers for our date night. Wow, TSC and LJS for a date. Next she'll be stacking wood in her nighty for me!! The nice thing about TSC is you don't pay shipping. Make sure you get the right size spider also. Greg:cheers:

Coupling sources

I buy thru McMaster-Carr. Also MSC has these. Local bearing supply house is another path.

Bob

Latest posts

Back