MRE reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen these videos already, but they're pretty neat. I was looking at some curry recipes on Youtube and saw one of these in the video list below. The guy tries out and reviews MREs from different countries. Makes for an an interesting cultural tour.

I'll post one or two, but you should check out the guy's channel.

I heard that the WW2 k-rations were still being eaten into the 70’s. I know the Vietnam MRE’s were still edible in the 90’s.

I heard that the WW2 k-rations were still being eaten into the 70’s. I know the Vietnam MRE’s were still edible in the 90’s.
I never ate the WW2 k-rations but ate c-rations dated 1952 in the mid 1970's. Really didn't taste any different than the newer ones. The older ones had bread in a can rather than crackers.

My favorite was the corned beef hash. The little tobacco helped too. Yum. The worst was that fricken omelet. I hated getting stuck with the damn omelet.

My favorite was the corned beef hash. The little tobacco helped too. Yum. The worst was that fricken omelet. I hated getting stuck with the damn omelet.

donate your belly to science of you like the hash, blech...

gimme some tuna casserole or the cavatelli and sauce LOL... and yes, to heck with the omelet, no amount of tobasco would help that.

Gents the MRE's didn't come out till the 80's. Vietnam era was the C-rations (tin cans).
I'd warm my MRE's on the exhaust plenum of my M1A1 tank...Full agreement that the Omelet wasn't edible no matter how much tabasco was used. MRE heaters made some interesting "bombs" when you filled 20 oz bottles.

Back