MS 200T plastics OEM or Farmertec

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Fixr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good morning fellas,

Scored the i suck deal of probably my lifetime yesterday, with an MS200t. Saw is very dirty, but runs on prime, so I’ve got some work to do on it.

Anyway, question is regarding the recoil and clutch cover plastics. Both need replacement, which will be the last items I’ll buy, once it’s running well, as they’re currently functional, but cracked. Are the Farmer Tec/Huztl pieces as good as OEM currently, as far as fitment goes?Looks like in searching past threads, they were hit/miss, but I only found posts from 2018.

Thanks

I don’t know about the 200t bur there other plastics are good enough but there’s a 2+week shipping time

Thanks.
Wait time isn’t an issue.
Usage and requirements... probably use it a bit then sell or trade it. I guess decent OEM parts would be the best route if I ever plan to part with it.
I’m in no rush. I’ll keep an eye out on eBay.
Thanks for the replies!

I've used a couple Farmtec side covers with brake and was told by the guy I sold it to that the brake didn't work correctly.
I know one of the major tree companies around will only buy OEM due to the liability factor.
I just go all OEM any more... You'll never need to apologize.
My 2 cents.
2stroker

I have not had an issue with the AM recoil. The clutch covers can be totally unuseable (not enough room for brake band, too warped to fit saw, bad casting that won’t fit brake parts), but some work perfectly. My friend claims that the ones in the kits are junk but the ones ordered direct from Huztl are good. I personally have been burned and won’t take the chance again.

Also, the AM handles are junk. The AM (and some of the OEM) Tanks leak at the seam.

I found an oem recoil on flea bay with a beautiful ms200t badge for less than aftermarket would cost, and I’d still need the badge. So, I did good here. Now to find a clutch cover.....

My suggestion: The aftermarket plastic covers from farmertec are so low cost (including shipping) that you should just order them and find out.

I bought and assembled MS660 kit in December and have been using it with 28 inch Stihl bar for firewood cutting in a sawbuck, probably 5 - 6 tankfuls by now.

The quality of this kit was/is way better than I was expecting based of some of the comments on this forum.

IMG_4137.jpg