• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always recruit some help Doc ;)
Well, I was successful in rebuilding the one I had on the bench -- all new top end, new pull cord handle and housing, complete tune up and clean up, sharpening, etc. It runs perfectly now, but I must admit, it was a learning experience. The service manual was as clear as the mud in Nebraska and machine screws were missing everywhere.

The owner, a professional climber, loves the "new" saw and saved about $450. The Stihl dealer wanted no part of the repair and he's nine days out on even starting on any saw repairs.

Well, I was successful in rebuilding the one I had on the bench -- all new top end, new pull cord handle and housing, complete tune up and clean up, sharpening, etc. It runs perfectly now, but I must admit, it was a learning experience. The service manual was as clear as the mud in Nebraska and machine screws were missing everywhere.

The owner, a professional climber, loves the "new" saw and saved about $450. The Stihl dealer wanted no part of the repair and he's nine days out on even starting on any saw repairs.
Any pics of it?

Any pics of it?
No, unfortunately, I already gave it back to the owner after he paid his repair bill. However, I'm working on a second one that also needed a new top end. I installed that, and now the carb needs attention. When I get that fixed, I'll take a Pic. It looks a lot like yous except it has more plastic burn out near the muffler.

Back