MS 241?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fight club is one of the few movies, if only movie, where the author of the novel it was based upon stated "The movie is better than the book". I'd see it. You'll like it. Well, it requires a bit of jaded wisdom to fully appreciate, but give yourself a chance. ;)

I was working as an engineer when fight club and office space came out. They influenced my decision to quit office and field work and go back in to forestry.

Well, dad and I ran the 241 today!! I didn't get many pics But it is a very impressive saw.

Ready to got to work with 14" bar and semi chisel picco. It was a little intimidated by the old Iron LOL

Dad running it in a cherry crotch.

I fueled it up and It came to life in about 7-8 pulls than made 5 cuts in bar length oak. I was very impressed how light it felt and how it cut in bar deep oak, and cherry.

Always started back up on the first pull warm. very quiet, but I had the 925 and my 1020 so it is hard to tell.:rock:

3 saws today, 1 tank apiece and we came home with 3 of these loads. Pretty good day if you ask me

Thank you to all that recommended this saw. It is sure a nice piece. :happybanana::happybanana::happybanana:

Now I just need to add a ms261 for myself. :dancing:

Joe

I've been looking forward to this post. You sure had a nice day weatherwise. Three loads & a bunch of nice pics make for a fun outing. There is one little detail missing! Did your dad do a "happy dance" when he opened his present? And what did he think of the way it performed?
FWIW, there is a BP station at the corner of Cedar & 127 that has 90 octane E-free fuel for $3.39/gal. as of yesterday.

I've been looking forward to this post. You sure had a nice day weatherwise. Three loads & a bunch of nice pics make for a fun outing. There is one little detail missing! Did your dad do a "happy dance" when he opened his present? And what did he think of the way it performed?
FWIW, there is a BP station at the corner of Cedar & 127 that has 90 octane E-free fuel for $3.39/gal. as of yesterday.

He was surprised that he got a saw. He was not expecting anything like that.

As for the performance, He didn't have much to add. But he is one that actions speak louder than words. He said I was going to do the cutting and he would run the splitter leaver. But he didn't put the saw down. Every chance he got he was chopping some random piece.

I will keep the gas in mind. I just picked up 3 gallons last night for 4.19$ a gallon In Jackson, but mason is only 10 min away from me. Thank you for the heads up.

Nice truck! Glad yer father is happy with the new machine.

My local Stihl dealer hasn't been answering the phone. So dunno if I will even have the carb part I need this week for my 241. Lots of shops close the entire week.

Nice truck! Glad yer father is happy with the new machine.

My local Stihl dealer hasn't been answering the phone. So dunno if I will even have the carb part I need this week for my 241. Lots of shops close the entire week.

Thank you,

I hope you can get your parts soon, Nobody should be without their MS241! Nobody!:chainsaw:

After running the little Screamer, I am Going to be getting a Ported ms261cm for myself, Sooner than later.:chop:

When you get it, remove the muffler baffle and increase the exhaust outlet size(but do not add other outlets). I got a 30%+ increase in cutting speed simply doing that. After using that 261cm for a solid day for firewood work, I decided I would be completely pleased with just doing that. The throttle response was like a ported saw. It was a customers saw, so I went ahead and also ported it afterwards rather conservatively. It had amazing throttle response and torque, but only increased a further 12%(for 42%+ overall, mind you). The torque was simply stunning for 50cc's, especially with the bar buried like in the vid. I am really pushing on it. It could easily pull 3/8 chain by 20".
The chain in this vid is 325 semi chisel.

When you get it, remove the muffler baffle and increase the exhaust outlet size(but do not add other outlets). I got a 30%+ increase in cutting speed simply doing that. After using that 261cm for a solid day for firewood work, I decided I would be completely pleased with just doing that. The throttle response was like a ported saw. It was a customers saw, so I went ahead and also ported it afterwards rather conservatively. It had amazing throttle response and torque, but only increased a further 12%(for 42%+ overall, mind you). The torque was simply stunning for 50cc's, especially with the bar buried like in the vid. I am really pushing on it. It could easily pull 3/8 chain by 20".

Shoot after running the 241 for a few min, I would be ecstatic with a stock 261 LOL

99% sure I am going to buy one already ported. If not I will do a muffler mod.

Thank you for the vid
Joe

I had similar results with mine (standard carb) after unlimiting the H needle & doing a MM. I did mine with an additional port on the left side using a Husky deflector. I did not alter the original port or the baffle. Then Brad tightened the squish, raising the compression from 165 to 190, & advanced the timing. After my MM it was holding 11,500 in the wood & self feeding nicely in maple with .325 RS & the rakers set at .025. After Brad spruced it up it was now holding 12,500 in the wood when self feeding & 11,500-12,000 under a heavy hand! It clearly 4 strokes out of the cut at 15,000 when warmed up to optimum operating temp. I still toy with the idea of having it ported, but the way it howls right now makes me as happy as a kangaroo on a trampoline!
Your dad's response says it all!! He likes it & then some!!

Well, dad and I ran the 241 today!! I didn't get many pics But it is a very impressive saw.

Ready to got to work with 14" bar and semi chisel picco. It was a little intimidated by the old Iron LOL

Dad running it in a cherry crotch.

I fueled it up and It came to life in about 7-8 pulls than made 5 cuts in bar length oak. I was very impressed how light it felt and how it cut in bar deep oak, and cherry.

Always started back up on the first pull warm. very quiet, but I had the 925 and my 1020 so it is hard to tell.:rock:

3 saws today, 1 tank apiece and we came home with 3 of these loads. Pretty good day if you ask me

Thank you to all that recommended this saw. It is sure a nice piece. :happybanana::happybanana::happybanana:

Now I just need to add a ms261 for myself. :dancing:

Joe

You have a back window in that truck

Latest posts

Back