MS 241?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just like the one with the sharpest chain.[emoji14]opcorn2:

I seem to remember somebody pretty eager to show off how horrible a 550 could cut a cookie. Even if it was a little flimsy.:drinking:
Yeah, those saws make a great gtg showing. They're not so great when you get into the woods trying to fell and buck.

Not only do I do several 026's per year with OEM parts, I also do a bunch of 044's and 036's... People are totally willing to pay for the work and they are essentially getting the same saw I have on my shelf new for half the price. Stihl basically keeps supplying parts as long as they are selling. There's a good reason it's so easy to get OEM 260 parts, they are still selling.
So you do a complete rebuild several times a year? I was not talking about rubber garment or seals, I was talking about substantial hardware. What does that cost for a 026/260? 3-400$ Those people sure must love their saws!

I give them a bit of a break on pistons and cylinders. The bill will usually run in the $300 range. A small price to pay for a good running 044, pretty steep for an 026. I do just as many with Meteor pistons and cleaned up OEM cylinders.

Unless working hot lines :dizzy:
Hot lines are no problem. Just make sure your at the same potential. Never seen a guy use a chainsaw that close to energized conductor, but have seen them bare hand 345kv out of a helicopter. Probably not too many tree trimmers that work from helicopters anyway.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mastermind-meets-the-ms241c-m.253473/

Give it a little scroll. One of Randy's had damage to the clutch cover during shipping. That definitely does not bode well for use...

MS241C-M007_zps7f06dc05.jpg
A fork lift coult have hit that. My old Mac 10-10 has half it's cover chewed off .

Let me get this straight - you have houses, girls, dogs, trucks, and you're young... yet you are clinging to each other and crying on each others moobs fight-club style? Kids today...

My post just meant I am Young and Dumb that is all. Moobs fight club????????? Idk

:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back