MS 261C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got a new load of wood in and got a chance to run the ms261c some more today.
That little saw is awesome for a small light weight saw.
I started the day off running the 362 since I just got it running again after replacing the ignition module.
Starting off with the 362 then switching to the 261c was a big difference in saw weight. Man that sure makes a big difference when running a saw for a long time. Sure is better on the old back.

I started the day off running the 362 since I just got it running again after replacing the ignition module.
Starting off with the 362 then switching to the 261c was a big difference in saw weight. Man that sure makes a big difference when running a saw for a long time. Sure is better on the old back.

I've been looking for a non-MTronic version of the MS261. So far I've struck out, but the search continues. Glad you like the 261, it's a handy midsize saw.

I have a ported 261c on the way, I can already see it becoming my favorite saw.

I swapped the same new loop of LGX amongst a few saws this morning. I mostly wanted to compare the 60cc saws to the 440, but I threw the 261 in there for fun. I will say that the 20" lightweight bar felt really nice on that saw.

I swapped the same new loop of LGX amongst a few saws this morning. I mostly wanted to compare the 60cc saws to the 440, but I threw the 261 in there for fun. I will say that the 20" lightweight bar felt really nice on that saw.

Ryan do you know what the weight difference is between the Sugi and a regular stihl bar? thanks.
Steve

Ryan do you know what the weight difference is between the Sugi and a regular stihl bar? thanks.
Steve

That's a tsumura. IIRC in a given length, the stihl lighter lightweight bars are the lightest, then tsumura, then Sugihara, which weigh pretty close to a regular RSN bar. I know redbull660 has it all in a thread somewhere. He weighed and charted a bunch of them. Not exactly sure where to find that though. It is noticeably lighter though. Next time I have it off I can weigh it.

I've been looking for a non-MTronic version of the MS261. So far I've struck out, but the search continues. Glad you like the 261, it's a handy midsize saw.

I actually just picked one up today at White's Farm Supply in Waterville, NY. Not sure if they have any more of if they'd ship.

902c632b9725d2e02a2f70998c683711.jpg

I got mine this week. I’ve put a tank of fuel through it, I’m really going to like this saw. I’m glad I sold the 550 and bought this.

Man the more I use this 261c, the more I like it. It has more power then my 290 and a much better filtration system. It starts supper easy and runs like a champ and gets great gas millage.:)

I also like the way they changed the air filtration system. I have cut with it for hours and the air filter is still clean. Definitely an improvement.

Back