• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MS 391 needs to go.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a gently used Stihl MS 391 with a 24" bar, chainsaw that is to big for my needs.
I bought this saw to take down some very bog trees. Trees are gone so I no longer need the saw.
It only has about 10 hours on it and just begging to get broken in.
The MS 391 is the Stihl's top on the lone in there farm and ranch line.
The next step is a pro saw witch cost and average of $200.00 more the the Farm and ranch line.

This is a very powerful saw and not for beginners. Only experienced operators should be using a saw of the magnitude.

Comes with manual, tool for adjusting bar oil feed, 24" bar and chain.
I may have a spare drive sprocket as well that I'll through in.
I have plastic bar protector but no case.
2zsmlvr.jpg

You chainsaw guys know Stihl are great saws that will last for decades.

It's just taking up space in my shop.

Again, not for beginners, you must have extensive experience of a chainsaw to to handle such a powerful saw.

Cash only please. I have wood you can test it out on.

Thanks for looking, Dennis, please call 7137252051 please no calls after 9:00 PM
I if you need it shipped ."you" pay shipping fees.
I would like to sell locally.

I have a ms 362 and a ms 290 that are all the saws in need,

last I knew the mods had a dim look on posting items for sale on this board. but maybe things have changed, Idk. I'm no mod.

How much? Not that I need another saw, don't see them come up often.

It will probably be moved to the Tradin Post.....

How much? Not that I need another saw, don't see them come up often.

It will probably be moved to the Tradin Post.....
I dont think anyone in my area is interested that is from this forum.
Unless your local, chances you wont want to pay shipping or buy a saw just on looks alone.
I would rather someone come by and start and hear it run and maybe cut a few rounds with it so they are sure its a solid saw.
I would never buy a saw I had not checked out before I paid money.
So no it's not an ad to sell a saw on this forum.
The saw is up for sale but I wasn't looking for buyers on this forum.

I was just curious to what they run used. I got a rental place that gets rid of one every couple years or so. I got a 044, 440, and a 660 so bigger saws are covered.

I was just curious to what they run used. I got a rental place that gets rid of one every couple years or so. I got a 044, 440, and a 660 so bigger saws are covered.
According to CL they run all kinds of prices. The trouble with that is most people only sell there saws when there wore out and there asking very little.
Mine is practically brand new with very low hours. It still has the original chain.
As you can see from the pic, it's in like new condition.
A guy called and is willing to pay 500 for it. Will see if he is for real or not come tomorrow when he comes by.
Stihl doesn't discount there products, you pay MSRP or you walk.

In before move! :laugh:

I've learned my lesson about buying saws online or via auction without testing them. You might have more luck with CL or having a local saw guy sell it for you if he says it checks out.

My thoughts exactly. With a bill of sale That says, "AS IS"

ab47 can you be more specific on your location?

You might get $300 for it. I have a 391 that I upgraded from a 311 that's also in mint condition, and that's about all I was ever offered for it. The clam shell design and their weight tends to work against them.
Perhaps you missed my earlier comment.
I bought a ms290, for 499.00 I used it and cut no less the 1000 cords in ten years with it.
Then sold on CL for 300 bucks.
Besides I have already have an off for 500 on it now. If he shows, it's his.
I have no problem sitting on it and getting my price.
People that settle on a low ball price, are just wanting to get rid of it, and cant sit and wait for the right buyer.

I turned down a wood buyer because he wanted to cut the price of a cord just 10 bucks.
I sent him packing, empty handed.
If they want it, they will pay the asking price. Otherwise, there just shopping or trying to scam someone.

Here is another example. I bought a used pair old EV T252+ PA speekers off of CL for 800 for the pair.
The next day I posted an add for the same speekers for 1,500 for the pair.
I sold them for 1,200 in less then a week.

Low ballers are a dime a dozen. I just send them packing.

Besides, no one ever gives me a break on price. So why should I?

Here is another example. I bought a used pair old EV T252+ PA speekers off of CL for 800 for the pair.
The next day I posted an add for the same speekers for 1,500 for the pair.
I sold them for 1,200 in less then a week.

Wait a minute. Not to pick a fight or anything, but the "example" you posted is an example of two things: one, that you're a wheeler/dealer, flipper, etc. Nothing wrong with that, but personally I try to never deal with guys doing that. And two, that you gave someone 20% off your inflated asking price.

So people either pay what you're asking, or they leave empty handed. But not always...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back