• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell MS 440 $400shipped PHO.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well used MS440. Starts and Runs great. I’ve probably run 40 tanks through it in the last year, many more over time obviously. It’s been my #2 saw for a while, I upgraded saws so this one is For sale and #1 is moving down. Still running it until the new one shows up. Plastics are faded, paint scratched, hole in filter cover, missing little parts under the clutch cover (been missing a long time), wrong pull rope handle (all I could get one day)

In the last year I have put a few parts in it.
Starter pawls, ignition, clutch drum, seems like something else but I can’t recall. It’s stock besides an extra hole in the muffler, same size as stock right beside it. Still has plenty of power, I’ve been wanting to port it and stick a new piston in it, but have been too busy.

In my honest opinion it’s a good saw for someone needing to cut 10 cords a year. It’s getting too used for me to run as a money maker.

$400 shipped PHO or pick it up and I’ll leave a bar and sharp chain on it. Located in Rule, Tx.
05AC42A8-7E22-4969-A557-777B0666CFFB.jpeg A350FE34-D654-4F2F-8DA3-C5F1C477B5DC.jpeg 983CDA18-3543-4D00-92ED-DCC7F91BE9BA.jpeg

I haven’t run this one but once since my MMWS 441 showed up. I’d like to turn this into cash to buy some tires for my dump. Any takers before I put it on eBay? I’ll mail it with an 18” Oregon hard nose bar and 1 sharp chain.
Would make someone a good machine to put a new piston in, port, and gasket delete. Or run as a weekend warrior saw as it is.

Sorry it’s sold already. I think it was 400 too, it was in gently used condition. Didn’t have enough power for what I do.

Back