• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS 461 case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one for sale and maybe you have already scoped it out but I am not sure if Stihl even makes one. I have the current case for my 362 but when I added the over-sized double dogs it would no longer fit in the case until I shortened the bottom spike and now it is a tight fit. My 460 will not even come close. Maybe they make a larger case. I don't know.

Did they resize the case? My 460 with big dogs fit fine in the case I had. The case was crap though, let water in when it rained. It was better to just leave the saw out in the open instead of the case, at least it didn't sit in a few inches of water.

Did they resize the case? My 460 with big dogs fit fine in the case I had. The case was crap though, let water in when it rained.

You should move your post to the "Chainsaw Parts" or "Wanted to Buy" section in the Equipment forum Sub-categories. That's why Darin recently created them- you would probably have better luck there. Btw- 460 and bigger saws with large dawgs will not fit in a current model Stilh Case. Your better bet is to buy a Hushy square box (power box) case and take a dremmell tool to it to open it up some for the dawgs or a wrap handle etc. They cost the same as the Stihl cases ($45) and turn out a lot better with less cutting involved. Good luck- Scott

Back