ms 462 finds is way to tree monkeys bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw the strato's are intact in that 261
As well as both 241c ‘s ..... so have you gutted the stratos “sneller-style” on ported 462c or has the boot test told ya what ya need to know bout that mod ?

the boot test told me what I wanted to know. if the test would have shown a gain it would mean the intake port and strato's were at a imbalance and I would have made some port timing changes to correct it.
I think that's why yours didn't gain. Everything else was already right (or close enough) to where it didn't matter

Too bad STIHL didn’t use reed-valve induction in these new saws ... heck a power-valve wood be sweet !

I used the gutted boot as a tool
According to Snelling your test did not go far enough though it was “a step in the right direction “ ... me thinks the gutted - strato is not the ticket on this model

put that 241 in some real wood

I hope my 261c Rips like that one ! All stripped down and time to begin flow enhancements ... what range of squish do you like on that model? Mine was .039 from factory and is now .025 - nice “safe” spot imho

.020" squish in most every saw I build
Ok ... I’m probably mistaken.... but doesn’t more compression put more stress on the bottom end ? And also kill rpms ? Just cutting base now and leaving stock combustion chamber ... suppose if I modded the chamber in conjunction with cutting base it wood be different scenario

yes and yes at some point
The 64000 ? Is ... where is that point ? Wood there be an advantage to cutting off the top of the cylinder and making a custom head from aluminum? Idear being with a removable head you wood have complete dominion over the squish and chamber shape/volume ... seem this on race saws but maybe wood take work Saw to new heights ? Lotta work and testing wood be involved but man if you could get dialed in the Saw wood cruise thru the timber eh ?

Ok ... I’m probably mistaken.... but doesn’t more compression put more stress on the bottom end ? And also kill rpms ? Just cutting base now and leaving stock combustion chamber ... suppose if I modded the chamber in conjunction with cutting base it wood be different scenario

25c181a20805003f77b4edce1c8456bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Little slide guitar riff age Rory Gallagher- VERY underrated guitar picker !!!

Back