ms 462 finds is way to tree monkeys bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big fan of these “strato , turbo , controlled air leak saws “ ~ seems like an over- engineered design to appease the enviro-crats without corresponding Getty-up to the end user ... reports of accelerated wear (could be ca-ca filter set-up) on da piston and shadowing being reported ... plus (as of yet) no max-flo for da 462c ... we shall see what the builder can do for this (and I mean no dis-respect to said builder at all) 462c —— Me thinks the old the 044-046;440-460 and 461 will outperform this new “smog-compliant” offering given similar flo-enhancement and will definitely cut more wood by virtue of the max-flow allowing longer run times ... weight savings and flick ability don’t mean beans to me unless the saw makes more power and puts more $$$ in my pocket !

Not a big fan of these “strato , turbo , controlled air leak saws “ ~ seems like an over- engineered design to appease the enviro-crats without corresponding Getty-up to the end user ... reports of accelerated wear (could be ca-ca filter set-up) on da piston and shadowing being reported ... plus (as of yet) no max-flo for da 462c ... we shall see what the builder can do for this (and I mean no dis-respect to said builder at all) 462c —— Me thinks the old the 044-046;440-460 and 461 will outperform this new “smog-compliant” offering given similar flo-enhancement and will definitely cut more wood by virtue of the max-flow allowing longer run times ... weight savings and flick ability don’t mean beans to me unless the saw makes more power and puts more $$$ in my pocket !

stock vs stock the 462 runs right with a 461
a well ported 261 out performs a well ported 260

your right though about over complicated crap being pushed on up by the epa

stock vs stock the 462 runs right with a 461
a well ported 261 out performs a well ported 260

your right though about over complicated crap being pushed on up by the epa
Haven’t run both at same time but I’ll take your word for it ... the 461 is kind of a dog stock ... word is the 462cm is pretty “hot” right from jump street ... not trying to deter anyone from the 462cm - just sayin the 461 (albeit heavier and less “maneuverable”) design will allow for more performance given equal work ;could say same about the 440... as far as the saws being mandated to run cleaner by the “powers that be” one must consider that a PNW forest-fire or an erupting volcano will likely spew more “pollution” in a few days than 10000 years of every chainsaw on the planet running 8 hrs a day every day !

Back