Ms 660 for 50$ am i seeing this right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this be in response to copyright issues raised by stihl?Lawsuit filed, letter sent, items canceled...end of story. They listed as ms 660 repair parts, not aftermarket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Considering that with shipping included,the price was about 20% of what it normally is and that these kits are still widely available elsewhere, I’d say it’s extremely unlikely. They just marked an erroneous price on them. Perhaps it was the production cost. Maybe they left out a 2 in front, who knows.

HL Supply is an honest seller.

They have always been more than fair in any of their dealings.

When we did our 660 buildoff, they were kind enough to give us their pricing on the 660 units. The price well exceeded $200.

You can still buy a kit on their website. It’s not $50, but it’s still cheap.

FWIW, the 660 kits are pretty good quality. The 440 kits were simply not as great.

The only way to significantly reduce the price on them would be to purchase sea container quantities and ocean ship. It doesn't appear, so far, that anyone has done that at this stage. Eventually someone will make a deal with Farmertech and do that. Or else they just crash and burn and disappear like all the other wanna be's.

HL has done that, and still I doubt these kits are anywhere remotely close to $50...

Agreed.

Didn't know HL had already done it. I still think someone hacked it or an employee totally blew the entries. I buy from HL on a semi regular basis. They have refunded purchase for a part when it didn't match the stated listing. I have been in online marketing for twenty years. Margins are tiny. There is no way that HL can just absorb a $100 or so loss on each of dozens? or hundreds? mis-listed sales. Personally I want HL to still be around in 2019.

Back