MS180 Adjustable Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
order up a bigger main jet it comes with a .45 order a .48 should be like a 1132 121 5600 i think would work. Or a 1123 121 5630 is .48 that should work to

Last edited:
I'm still wondering why everyone pooped on Brad's first choice, the wt215. Its fully adustable and works great on my 2 muffler modded 025s. Maybe I missed something.

I'm still wondering why everyone pooped on Brad's first choice, the wt215. Its fully adustable and works great on my 2 muffler modded 025s. Maybe I missed something.

That's OK. I can poop right back if it works right:) . If not, I'll just pick up my self esteme and move on:clap: Besides, the 200T won't work without a few mods eight. Just going on pictures from eBay, the 025 carb looks like nearly a direct swap. I think all I'll have to do is swap the filter compensation covers.

Last edited:
That's OK. I can poop right back if it works right:) . If not, I'll just pick up my self esteme and move on:clap: Besides, the 200T won't work without a few mods eight. Just going on pictures from eBay, the 025 carb looks like nearly a direct swap. I think all I'll have to do is swap the filter compensation covers.

200T has accelerator pump.....

021-025 carb on my ms170

Is there an adjustable carb that could be used on a MS180? I'd like to go a little deeper into my 180 but am hesitant too because of the fixed jet carb that's on it.

I bought a used fully adjustable off of a 023. I had to plug the hole in the air-box for the intellicarb top cover, finish drilling the impulse port(halfway tooled already) plug the old one, and straighten the carb side throttle linkage a tiny bit. Other than that you do have to drill a couple holes in the plastic to adjust but overall pretty easy. I had to do this to get the saw to run well with a 5000' elevation difference, but the carb bolts straight on. I can't remember the numbers off the carb off hand, but if you would like I could get them for you.

I tried this on mine

I just bought a Walbro WT-215. It looks identical to the original MS180 carb except that it has both H and L screws. I'll have to swap the filter compensating cover and bolt it up. I'll make sure it's running good with the new carb before proceeding any further. LINK

I did try this on mine. The bolt pattern was slightly different(I mean very slightly.) I think you could drill out the holes a little on the comp. cover and get it to fit right. The problem I had was that the new carb with the comp cover on bound somewhere just a tiny bit and caused an air leak between the carb body and boot. I'm sure you could iron this out if you thought you really needed the comp cover but I just plugged the hole in the airbox. My 170 is muff modded by the way and runs spectacularly well after this carb mod.

Last edited:
Oh yea!

One thing I forgot to mention was that the air-box has a molded pocket for the idle screw to fit in. The idle screw in the other carb was bigger so I had to drill out some plastic to pocket the other carbs idle screw and still get the air-box flush with the carb. Sorry to ruin part of the project but I posted the first two responses before I read the whole thread!

I bought a used fully adjustable off of a 023. I had to plug the hole in the air-box for the intellicarb top cover, finish drilling the impulse port(halfway tooled already) plug the old one, and straighten the carb side throttle linkage a tiny bit. Other than that you do have to drill a couple holes in the plastic to adjust but overall pretty easy. I had to do this to get the saw to run well with a 5000' elevation difference, but the carb bolts straight on. I can't remember the numbers off the carb off hand, but if you would like I could get them for you.

My 180 uses the intelicarb cover. I saw the partially tooled impulse passages on my 260 carb. Should be easy. I already drilled the hole for the idle screw since the carb that's on it is not original

I did try this on mine. The bolt pattern was slightly different(I mean very slightly.) I think you could drill out the holes a little on the comp. cover and get it to fit right. The problem I had was that the new carb with the comp cover on bound somewhere just a tiny bit and caused an air leak between the carb body and boot. I'm sure you could iron this out if you thought you really needed the comp cover but I just plugged the hole in the airbox. My 170 is muff modded by the way and runs spectacularly well after this carb mod.

This WT-215 was advertised as the carb for a 012, 023, 025. If you used a 023 carb it seems the bolt pattern would be the same. Even the bolt pattern on my 260 carb was the same.

Latest posts

Back