MS180 Adjustable Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 170 did too!

My 180 uses the intelicarb cover. I saw the partially tooled impulse passages on my 260 carb. Should be easy. I already drilled the hole for the idle screw since the carb that's on it is not original

My 170 did too but I think the body on the 021-025 carb must be slightly taller and when you put the thicker intelli cover on it, the cover contacts the plastic intake housing on the upper starter side I think, but it should be fairly easy to take care of that If you have to, hopefully yours will fit better than mine did.

My 170 did too but I think the body on the 021-025 carb must be slightly taller and when you put the thicker intelli cover on it, the cover contacts the plastic intake housing on the upper starter side I think, but it should be fairly easy to take care of that If you have to, hopefully yours will fit better than mine did.

Ahh. Gotcha. Just have to make sure everything's sealed up.

This WT-215 was advertised as the carb for a 012, 023, 025. If you used a 023 carb it seems the bolt pattern would be the same. Even the bolt pattern on my 260 carb was the same.

It was very very close but when I tried to put the cover on the screws were ever so slightly off perpendicular. I was still able to get the cover on (3 of 4 screws anyhow) and had I been able to leave it I probably would have drilled the holes out 1 size bigger for a better fit, but I could have had one too many Cokes that night (long one with a lot of troubleshooting) and not been paying as close attention as I thought was. Let me know maybe I will put it back on if you get yours to work well.

Last edited:
I thought about that. Is that the main reason it has the throttle response it does?

the accel pump is just excess baggage to make a lean carb run better, even the non-accel carb 200T's accelerate and rev like an F1 ferrari, as for non-adjustable carb, my 200T's running a single-jet type, but get the mix right and the motor still goes off like a rocket

I had my wife bring the WT215 and the original carb up to my room this morning:) . The bolt pattern is slightly different on the end cover. I was able to screw on the filter compensating cover onto the WT215 but not vise versa. No biggie, the one that need to fit did. It appears the WT215 was getting the impulse through a hole off the to side of center. There was a brass plug inthe center hole. I removed the plug and will JBWeld the other hole. I tried swapping the throttle shafts but the diameters are different. I put them back where they came from. The 180 carb had a slot for the linkage and the WT215 has a hole. It looks like the hole is in the right location though. So, it should be ready to bolt up as soon as I block the extra impulse hole. Sure wish I was home to try it. Yes I did all this on my over-the-bed table using a pocket knife:) I didn't think to have her bring me a Philips screw driver. I broke the blade on my handy little Case. You gotta do what you gotta do though. Man, am I every ready to get out of here!

Last edited:
I had my wife bring the WT215 and the original carb up to my room this morning:) . The bolt pattern is slightly different on the end cover. I was able to screw on the filter compensating cover onto the WT215 but not vise versa. No biggie, the one that need to fit did. It appears the WT215 was getting the impulse through a hole off the to side of center. There was a brass plug inthe center hole. I removed the plug and will JBWeld the other hole. I tried swapping the throttle shafts but the diameters are different. I put them back where they came from. The 180 carb had a slot for the linkage and the WT215 has a hole. It looks like the hole is in the right location though. So, it should be ready to bolt up as soon as I block the extra impulse hole. Sure wish I was home to try it. Yes I did all this on my over-the-bed table using a pocket knife:) I didn't think to have her bring me a Philips screw driver. I broke the blade on my handy little Case. You gotta do what you gotta do though. Man, am I every ready to get out of here!

Working on saw stuff in a hospital bed...Brad, you da man! :)

Still praying for you bud!

Kevin

To all AS Community! Here we see a fellow AS member stroke down by the adverse affects of CAD! Please lets us all remorse for a moment and wish god speed and get well soon after you remodeld the 180!

I couldn't resist bsnelling.

Get well soon & you are a lucky man my love would have kicked me if I was sick and asked here to bring my chainsaw into bed. :)

7sleeper

Wow Brad, It's real good to hear your feeling well enough to make a saw shop out of a hospital room. LOL
I'll be following this thread because I'm interested in putting an adjustable carb on my 018c, which I assume is similar to your ms180. My saw has an occasional problem causing it to run lean, but I havent had any time to dig in and see whats wrong. It acts like a possible fuel line sucking air, but I still wan't an adjustable carb anyway.
Hope you get out of the hospital soon! :)

I'm home!!! And the WT215 carb's on the MS180. It installed with little fuss and tuned up easily. I had to fiddle with the throttle linkage a little to get full travel. I also had to make access to the H needle. I had already drill for the other screws when I put the previous carb on it. I now know that these saws are way lean from the factory. It's properly tuned at 14,000 where as before it was turning something like 14,500. I just bought another one of these and it turns 14,000 bone stock. Just like anything else, they can all be a little different. Bottom line, the Walbroo WT215 works fine on the MS180.

That's the one. If you have any issues, let me know.
Okay Thanks!!!
I bought it last night so hopefully it will be here sometime next week. I won't pull the other carb off until it gets here. As long as the hurricanes keep coming at us, I need as many saws running around here as possible.
burnout-1.gif

I'm home!!! And the WT215 carb's on the MS180. It installed with little fuss and tuned up easily. I had to fiddle with the throttle linkage a little to get full travel. I also had to make access to the H needle. I had already drill for the other screws when I put the previous carb on it. I now know that these saws are way lean from the factory. It's properly tuned at 14,000 where as before it was turning something like 14,500. I just bought another one of these and it turns 14,000 bone stock. Just like anything else, they can all be a little different. Bottom line, the Walbroo WT215 works fine on the MS180.

Brad,

Have you cut any wood with it yet?

Gary

I put mine together last night & cut some with it before work.Seamed to cut verey good.I'll do a mufler mod tonight or tomarow then check it

Back